Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Internet says it's a movie stunt. In the original video you can hear the director say action.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Default Re: Fishing with a Hand Grenade

Quote Originally Posted by joshuabardwell View Post
    Internet says it's a movie stunt. In the original video you can hear the director say action.
    'Expendables 2' Stuntman Death Prompts Family Lawsuit - Hollywood Reporter

The defendants "recklessly organized, planned, set up, produced, directed, trained, coordinated and otherwise prepared for and implemented the stunt which involved the use of explosives and other similar ultra-hazardous activities in the rubber boat so as to cause an explosion, thereby injuring [Liu] and causing his death," the lawsuit alleges.

The stunt took place on the Ognyanovo Reservoir/Dam in the town of Elin Pelin, according to the suit.

===================================

BBC News - Expendables 2 stuntman dies on set

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4700

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Mike, it is illegal to fish with a hand grenade or explosives in all 50 states. And possession of a live hand grenade or even dynamite is very difficult. It is a joke Mike. People years ago have used dynamite to stun fish, but it was illegal even then. I am not saying it was or even is not done, but it is certainly not an accepted practice in our country. What soldiers do in wartime to feed themselves is not Germain to what ordinary citizens do to catch fish Now as for Russian occupiers in eastern Europe, well that is a different kettle of fish.

James K0UA
    I sense some "wordsmithing" going on here!

Later,
    Dan

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by dmccarty View Post
    I sense some "wordsmithing" going on here!

Later,
    Dan
    Touche Dan! Touche!

James K0UA
    James K0UA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner NRA Life Member How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN .

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kioti RX6010C

Hi James (fellow Kioti owner too)

> Mike, it is illegal to fish with a hand grenade or explosives in all 50 states. ...etc...
    > It is a joke Mike.

I had missed that it was a Joke :-) Such fishing still goes on in Indonesia! Nice to know all 50 US States have it banned. I had presumed California would have banned it - wasn't sure about some other states :-)

Best wishes
    Mike

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L275DT; Ford 8N

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFarm View Post
    Hi James (fellow Kioti owner too)

> Mike, it is illegal to fish with a hand grenade or explosives in all 50 states. ...etc...
    > It is a joke Mike.

I had missed that it was a Joke :-) Such fishing still goes on in Indonesia! Nice to know all 50 US States have it banned. I had presumed California would have banned it - wasn't sure about some other states :-)

Best wishes
    Mike
    I tried to find a link but failed.

about 16 years ago the deputy fire chief from a nearby town tried this with a bomb made from a toilet tissue
    roll filled with black powder. He lost a few fingers... also the right to hunt and fish in this state for a few years. (Probably his job also... )

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by Jstpssng View Post
    I tried to find a link but failed.

about 16 years ago the deputy fire chief from a nearby town tried this with a bomb made from a toilet tissue
    roll filled with black powder. He lost a few fingers... also the right to hunt and fish in this state for a few years. (Probably his job also... )
    Well no doubt people have done it. But people have done all sorts of things. Yes the state conservation department and law enforcement will take a very dim view of this sort of activity.

James K0UA
    James K0UA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner NRA Life Member How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123