Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #11  
I only know of one "Family Dollar" store in this area and it doesn't seem to me to do a lot of business. Then just off hand, I can think of 3 "Dollar General" stores within 10 miles, but the store my wife likes, and visits often, is one of the two "Dollar Tree" stores in the area. That Dollar Tree store also seems to always be busy, unlike the others.

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #12  
We have a lot of Dollar General and Dollar General Markets here, the markets are nice and the prices are good.

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #13  
I don't think I ever heard of the "Dollar General Market".

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #14  
We have 7 that I can think of in our town. One within the first 1/2 mile of entering city limits on each major road plus a large one in center of town with bigger grocery selection. Not unusual around her to find them out in middle of "no where" if towns are more than 25 miles apart.

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #15  
Who needs a bank, Post Office and two grocery stores when you have a Dollar Store... :confused3:

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #17  
All the smaller towns around here have these "dollar" stores too, usually a Family Dollar and a Dollar General, the General seems to be a decent store, the Family Dollars in the area have started to seem run down and unkept the last few years like nobody ever cleans them but 2 or 3 times a year.

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #18  
Bird said:
I don't think I ever heard of the "Dollar General Market".

Dollar General Market has a small grocery selection

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #19  
I've also been noticing quit a few Dollar General stores going up all around here in Ga. actually one currently being built less than 3 miles from me, In the other direction another open earlier this summer about 9 miles away, and I know of 2 more that open just last year about 15 and 16 miles away, What I have also noticed is they are being built outside of cities limits, although seems they built them on main arteries/ state hwy's in and out of the cities/towns,

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #20  
+1 on the Dollar Market. There is a small family owned grocery right beside the Dollar store here, but both places seem to do a good amount of business. Heck, we have a booming set of businesses at the crossroads - hardware store, hair salon, garage, Kangaroo, pharmacy, and a Pizza place.

Now, if someone would just open a little cafe for breakfast/lunch..:licking: