Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #21  
We lost our bank, post office and 2 of our country grocery stores, but, we are gaining a Dollar Store in Canmer, Ky. Ken Sweet

Let us know when Dollar General builds across the street to give them competition. They will be tyring to outprice each other by pennies, and people will go for it. It's not a merchandise quality driven world anymore.

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #22  
Same here. Dollar General in every little community including mine now. I go there several times a week, so like Ken said, chipping away at 25 minute trips to WalMart and saving gas. Wish we could get a Cabelas. :)

Same here in VA.. The DG stores are going up in some areas that arent even 'towns'.... they seem to split the difference between the walmarts..

I realize you are in SC - but Bristol VA is getting a cabelas and Bristol TN is getting a Bass Pro shops - both right off i-81 and within miles of each other..

b

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #23  
Family Dollar and Dollar General are one of the few things that have WalMart stumped. They are also known to be good neighbors in the small towns they build in. Provides jobs and much needed sales tax revenue.

Thesae 2 stores are all around my area. both within a few miles even blocks of each other. It must be a demand for them.I may need to invest in some D.G. stock !!!

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #24  
In MS they build a Dollar General at every wide spot in the road. Based on my scientific research (driving by) the stores seem to do well.

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #25  
First it was Rite Aid, Walgreens and CVS moving out of the strip malls and setting up shop across the street from each other every 5 miles, and now this.
Here two new DG stores were built on opposite ends of town, probably less than four miles apart.

thatguy said:
I realize you are in SC - but Bristol VA is getting a cabelas and Bristol TN is getting a Bass Pro shops - both right off i-81 and within miles of each other..

Yeah the jury is still out as to whether or not this was a good idea. How much money was it that Bristol Va borrowed to lure Cabelas? 25 million? They justify it by claiming it will bring in a bazzilion new jobs. Sure, mostly minimum wage dead end retail jobs. In the mean time manufacturing jobs, which I can only assume pay better, are leaving the area.

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #26  
We lost our bank, post office and 2 of our country grocery stores, but, we are gaining a Dollar Store in Canmer, Ky. Ken Sweet
Which are they puting in. A Dollar General or a Dollar General Market. We have both within 6 miles apart. The Market does really well. Prices are competitive with big box stores. The stock on Dollar General is doing well. Seems the smaller grocery dry goods is doing well. Our area was one of the first test markets for the Market. Dollar General's corporate office is located in Goodletsville,Tn

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #27  
We must live in a high rent district, out dollar store is a $1.05 store. It's 30 miles to a real dollar store or a Wallyworld.

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #28  
I like the Dollar Tree, everything is $1. We have all three in Athens.

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150
Which are they puting in. A Dollar General or a Dollar General Market. We have both within 6 miles apart. The Market does really well. Prices are competitive with big box stores. The stock on Dollar General is doing well. Seems the smaller grocery dry goods is doing well. Our area was one of the first test markets for the Market. Dollar General's corporate office is located in Goodletsville,Tn

I am pretty sure Dollar General, However, not 100 % sure? Ken Sweet

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #30  
I've been to the dollar store in town before. They are always busy, but it's awful. Hard to find stuff and never really what you needed. Then the stuff is cheaply made.

I order most everything online now.