Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #42  
Pretty soon it will be a monopoly with one Big Uni- Store. Groceries, Hardware, guns, sporting goods, lumber etc. If you notice the trend is going that way. The more quantities they buy to sell the cheaper they get them and make more profit. Someday someone will figure out how to buy everything and pack it into a huge city block store. Money won't be needed because it will all be electronic funds transfered through scanners. Think back 20 to 30 years and what was your biggest store before they supersized? K-Mart, Busy Beaver, 84 lumber......

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #43  
Which are they puting in. A Dollar General or a Dollar General Market. We have both within 6 miles apart. The Market does really well. Prices are competitive with big box stores. The stock on Dollar General is doing well. Seems the smaller grocery dry goods is doing well. Our area was one of the first test markets for the Market. Dollar General's corporate office is located in Goodletsville,Tn
I thought Dollar General was no longer on the stock market, they got purchased by a group of investors a while back. They are building stores in a lot of small communities.

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #46  
I don't think I ever heard of the "Dollar General Market".
Bird, the Dollar General Market's are about twice the size of your average DG. They have fresh veggies, meats, frozen items and most needed items. We shop there quite a bit. They paint there buggies green. Guess to keep down theft.

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #47  
I thought Dollar General was no longer on the stock market, they got purchased by a group of investors a while back. They are building stores in a lot of small communities.
They are at $48 a share right now. NYSE: DG Showing continued positive growth. In five years, one could have doubled their money. There campus corporate office is located in Goodletsville,TN It sits on a hill and can be seen from I-65 while traveling north thru Nashville. Really nice on the inside of it.

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #48  
They are at $48 a share right now. NYSE: DG Showing continued positive growth. In five years, one could have doubled their money. There campus corporate office is located in Goodletsville,TN It sits on a hill and can be seen from I-65 while traveling north thru Nashville. Really nice on the inside of it.

Did not realize they went back on the NYSE, they were bought by a private group a few years back. I go to their Scottsville, Ky center quite a bit.

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #49  
gander mtn is a pretty big store up north wonder why its not going here in the south? maybe there selling stuff for the same northern inflated prices that don't go here in the south?

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #50  
i heard the other day that DG is the fastest growing store chain in the US. Most would think that everything in there is china made but actually alot is made in usa. My wife and I do alot shopping there. 3 built in our county in the past few years.