Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #1  

sweettractors

Advertiser
Tractor
JD 6403 CHA-JD 3130 CHA
We lost our bank, post office and 2 of our country grocery stores, but, we are gaining a Dollar Store in Canmer, Ky. Ken Sweet

Attachments

• dollar.jpg
    dollar.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 300
   / Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #2  
They are popping up everywhere here too. I think we have 8 in our county now, with the 8th one just opening. I think the days of the Mom and Pop country convenience store are coming to an end. Dollar General will be taking their place.....then you have Walmart in town.

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150
They are popping up everywhere here too. I think we have 8 in our county now, with the 8th one just opening. I think the days of the Mom and Pop country convenience store are coming to an end. Dollar General will be taking their place.....then you have Walmart in town.

I was wondering how widespread this building is. We are getting them in about all the smaller towns around here. I guess, they will pick off a lot of Walmart customers that have been traveling 25-30 miles with the high gas prices beeing what they are? Ken Sweet

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #4  
One of the cool things I have found in Family Dollar stores is the eye glass cleaning wipes form Bausch and Lomb. I used to spray mine and go after them with micro fiber, now I just grab one of the little B&L packets and clean my classes really quickly.

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #5  
I was wondering how widespread this building is. We are getting them in about all the smaller towns around here. I guess, they will pick off a lot of Walmart customers that have been traveling 25-30 miles with the high gas prices beeing what they are? Ken Sweet

Family Dollar and Dollar General are one of the few things that have WalMart stumped. They are also known to be good neighbors in the small towns they build in. Provides jobs and much needed sales tax revenue.

Family Dollar and Dollar General are one of the few things that have WalMart stumped. They are also known to be good neighbors in the small towns they build in. Provides jobs and much needed sales tax revenue.

Sounds like the unions may cause Walmart some trouble this Black Friday. Ken Sweet

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #7  
Same here. Dollar General in every little community including mine now. I go there several times a week, so like Ken said, chipping away at 25 minute trips to WalMart and saving gas. Wish we could get a Cabelas. :)

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #8  
Sounds like the unions may cause Walmart some trouble this Black Friday. Ken Sweet

I thought wallymart kept the unions out by firing anyone who joins one.

/ Dollar Store Going up in My Home Town. Pop 150 #9  
Yea this is Dollar general's business model. They are building in small towns that are really to small to have anything else. It bugs me though to hear family dollar and dollar general called dollar stores cause very little in them is a dollar. I call dollar stores "dollar tree" where everything is one dollar.

Im glad to have them they are a place to get those things that you need from walmart but dont want to drive the 30 mins to get there. They are open late and on weekends unlike the Local "mom and pops". I like small town businesses and old scholl stuff to but not when in impacks my wallet like they do!! Plus there not open when you need them to be. How the heck can i get lumpber at the local store when there either not open on saturday or only till midday and they close at 5pm when the earliest i can get there with out rearanging my schedule would be 530pm??? Thats my biggest problem there actually as cheap or cheaper than Lowes on many items there just not open when i need them!!!!

The local hardware store wants like $0.75 for a bolt and $9 for a small jar of PVC glue!! NOw if i need them now i will pay it but you cant buy everything at places like that, i just dont make enough money to do that. The local carquest does sell nuts and bolts reasonable and he is a local i do buy from him, but i dont buy many parts there other than service parts as he is a good 25% higher.

Sorry i will get off my soap box.

We have a "Fred's" that has put in a much bigger store at our County Seat about 2-3 yrs ago and they have very good prices on general merchandise, Groceries, office supplies and Pharmacy. Ken Sweet