The old days...No thanksgiving for this family ..what has happened to us ?

/ The old days...No thanksgiving for this family ..what has happened to us ? #2  
Times have changed. My wife came home with a turkey this morning. She said it costs eleven bucks.

/ The old days...No thanksgiving for this family ..what has happened to us ? #3  
In my family we never took anything for granted. We were just glad when things were peaceful. It is hard to relate to some of the old shows, but I understand the mind sets.

/ The old days...No thanksgiving for this family ..what has happened to us ? #4  
I truly and sincerely enjoyed the video. Thanks for posting. I would like to take this time to relate a "Blessing" that my Family received today. For several days, our water pressure was diminishing. I had previously changed the filter, but it didn't help. Our Son-in-Law had just finished 6 weeks on the road and hadn't seen his Family, but he came over and we went to the the local hardware because it was getting late. I was short of money this month and the owner gave me a new pump on credit. He also loaned me a new "Uppsy Daisey" to aid in replacing the old pump. Since we still needed another set of hands, I stopped by a neighbor's home. Although he was ready to go hunting, he followed us and we installed the pump. We had 20 minutes of daylight left when we finished. I offered to pay my neighbor, but he responded by saying "That's what Friends and Neighbors are for". He likes my Wife's brownies, so we are going to make him and his wife some tomorrow.You can't beat "Love, Friendship, and Respect".I wish everyone, the best Thanksgiving ever. May you all enjoy the time with your loved ones and Family.

/ The old days...No thanksgiving for this family ..what has happened to us ? #5  
creekbend said:
I truly and sincerely enjoyed the video. Thanks for posting. I would like to take this time to relate a "Blessing" that my Family received today. For several days, our water pressure was diminishing. I had previously changed the filter, but it didn't help. Our Son-in-Law had just finished 6 weeks on the road and hadn't seen his Family, but he came over and we went to the the local hardware because it was getting late. I was short of money this month and the owner gave me a new pump on credit. He also loaned me a new "Uppsy Daisey" to aid in replacing the old pump. Since we still needed another set of hands, I stopped by a neighbor's home. Although he was ready to go hunting, he followed us and we installed the pump. We had 20 minutes of daylight left when we finished. I offered to pay my neighbor, but he responded by saying "That's what Friends and Neighbors are for". He likes my Wife's brownies, so we are going to make him and his wife some tomorrow.You can't beat "Love, Friendship, and Respect".I wish everyone, the best Thanksgiving ever. May you all enjoy the time with your loved ones and Family.

Thank you for sharing this, it has touched me very deeply... Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

/ The old days...No thanksgiving for this family ..what has happened to us ? #6  
ljohnson778 said:
Thank you for sharing this, it has touched me very deeply... Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Ditto. You are a fortunate guy. Count your blessings. Happy Thanksgiving.

/ The old days...No thanksgiving for this family ..what has happened to us ? #7  
x3 Happy Thanksgiving

/ The old days...No thanksgiving for this family ..what has happened to us ? #8  
creekbend said:

God Bless you& yours sir.
Awesome post.

David

/ The old days...No thanksgiving for this family ..what has happened to us ? #9  
Nice old clip, my wife and I watched it and really enjoyed it.

Our family has more than usual to be thankful for this year.

It's our first son's first Thanksgiving. He's almost 8 months old and as healthy as can be.

My hours were cut back at work to 32 per week a couple months ago and 1/4 of our workforce was let go. I've been there for 20 years and decided to go ahead and work 40 perweek for 32 hours pay. The owner was very grateful. Last week he put me back on 40 hours. I can tell you, being the only bread winner in our family, it was a relief to hear we had a few sales go through.

My situation now isn't much different than my father's was in the 1960's. He cut hair for $1.50 per head and never knew how many customer would show up day to day. He took on 2 other jobs to make ends meet, working the grain elevator and framing houses.

Over the past 7 years I've learned how lucky we are to be born in the USA. My wife is from the Philippines and I've traveled there 3 times now. She grew up with no running water, no stove, no restroom, basically nothing and barely enough rice and fish to survive. Some of the stories I've heard and seen are just heartbreaking. She still has family there and we try to help as much as we can.

Very Very Thankfully Yours,

Kevin, Jena, and Kyle

/ The old days...No thanksgiving for this family ..what has happened to us ? #10  
I hear you on that waterpump. A plumber years ago repaired a submerged pump for me and showed me how to go about it. I ended up replacing it myself a few years later, and have since then installed a shallow pump an a jet pump for my mother and her husband. I find that help is a gift, but passing on the knowledge is another gift we share. That's what makes TBN so worthwhile. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.