Anyone else clean and polish their work boots?

/ Anyone else clean and polish their work boots? #11  
Yep, regularly clean with Dubin conditioner to keep 'em supple& Snowseal to keep the moisture at bay.............Work Boots normally last 18-30mths in tough full time farming use averaging 12hr/7days anything from digging post holes, chainsawing to welding... to truck/tractor driving ................

/ Anyone else clean and polish their work boots? #12  
i agree.. good work boots cost money. I wear some ariats and they were about 150$ as I recall.

I'm in boots about 18 hours a day. no room for uncomfortable ones with bad support.

/ Anyone else clean and polish their work boots? #13  
I clean up my duty boots, before going out on the fire engine. Swear by Obenauf's.

/ Anyone else clean and polish their work boots? #14  
i agree.. good work boots cost money. I wear some ariats and they were about 150$ as I recall.

I'm in boots about 18 hours a day. no room for uncomfortable ones with bad support.
Got that right SG. My Wolverines are comfy but dang, they're heavy. I used to wear Work & Sport boots from Farm & Fleet. They were reasonably priced, comfortable, and were made in the USA....then they moved production overseas and they were never as good so I switched to Wolverine that cost twice as much but I'm not going to wear something that isn't comfortable.

/ Anyone else clean and polish their work boots? #15  
Anyone else clean and wax their work boots, even if only once a year? My wife thinks no one else bothers.
Once a year I clean, saddle soap and wax them and I can't recall when I did not do it. It really helps and they seem to last way longer than one would expect. And boots aren't cheap these days---maybe $150?

Back in the day I used to clean and Dublin up my Lineman's boots but I don't do anything with my everyday work boots anymore...I expect they will last longer than I will.

Speaking of the cost of boots...back when I was an Apprentice Lineman I bought a pair of Pierre Paris boots to wear while climbing poles; you need a good boot when you're standing up a pole for hours on a pair of climbers, eh. That was 1974 and I paid $131.00 for them...a princely sum when I was grossing $609 a month.

/ Anyone else clean and polish their work boots? #16  
I have a pair of Browning boots that are probably 15 years old. I put Kiwi polish and mink oil on them twice a year. I mostly wear New Balance now that I am retired.

/ Anyone else clean and polish their work boots? #17  
Sure. Summer treatment is to grease them with Huberd's Shoe Grease and let them dry. Then I polish them with Kiwi shoe polish on a warm boot. I usually use a whole can of polish to do the boots. It gives them a hard finish that resists being torn up by blackberries and other vines, and leaves them with a durable waterproof treatment. Plus, they look better.

/ Anyone else clean and polish their work boots? #18  
All you guys that have Redwings... Do your stores not offer free polish and laces? All the stores around here do, I usually hit them up every other sunday for a clean up and waterproof, laces if needed of course.
Mark

/ Anyone else clean and polish their work boots?
All you guys that have Redwings... Do your stores not offer free polish and laces? All the stores around here do, I usually hit them up every other sunday for a clean up and waterproof, laces if needed of course.
Mark[/QUOTE

No free polish and/or laces in central Ohio that I am aware of. Had to pay a couple dollars for my last pair of laces that seemed to wear prematurely.

/ Anyone else clean and polish their work boots? #20  
Anyone else clean and wax their work boots, even if only once a year? My wife thinks no one else bothers.
Once a year I clean, saddle soap and wax them and I can't recall when I did not do it. It really helps and they seem to last way longer than one would expect. And boots aren't cheap these days---maybe $150?

why would you want to do that? :eek: :D

I wash or brush mine off as needed, yes with water & oil them with Neatsfoot once or twice/year (thanks for the reminder!). My 6" "Carolina boot" work shoes, size 14EE, are the only ones I can find that fit me anymore. ~~ grnspot