Anyone else clean and polish their work boots?

/ Anyone else clean and polish their work boots? #21  
Free service offered at the RW store I purchase mine from.
I usually don't head out of town their way often. (22 miles)
Store always ships them to my house for free when I purchase them over the phone.
They will throw extra laces in the box if I ask them to.
When I do make it over to try new boots on they "always" offer a free cleaning, laces and polish of the boots I'm wearing.

/ Anyone else clean and polish their work boots? #22  
Twice a year I clean and apply mink oil to my boots, I do this also. I have a great pair of asolo tps 520 hiking boots, all leather waterproof fit the way a boot should. I wear them all the time around our property, and for archery season. I will be sad when I have to retire them, but using the mink oil really helps keep them from getting grungy.

/ Anyone else clean and polish their work boots? #23  
I don't really do a good job of cleaning them but once a year I totally soak my leather work boots in Fluid Film. It works great!!

I've used Dubbin and Neats foot oil too, but FF is fast and easy.

My boots last a lot longer than most of my pals get out of theirs.

/ Anyone else clean and polish their work boots? #24  
A story,
I went into a boot store, wearing a worn out pair of cowboy boots, and told the salesman I wanted a pair of work boots. He asked me if I wanted cowboy boots, and I told him no, that they didn't last in my vocation. I told him I would pay $60 for a pair and in 3 months they needed new soles, and in 3 more months, they weren't worth putting the money into new soles. He asked me if I would buy a pair of boots at my annual outlay of $120 or so, if they didn't require new soles in a year. (guaranteed in writing?, yes!!) So spend $120 on a pair of good boots, and didn't need soles for 2 years. Bought another pair for non working days, and still have both. While I now wear work boots, I still have both pairs and wear them regularly. Nothing better than a good pair of GOOD BOOTS. Taking care of them with polish and such is a no-brainer.
David from jax

Oh, by the way, that was in 1982 and with a little polish, those boots still look great.

/ Anyone else clean and polish their work boots? #25  
ANothing better than a good pair of GOOD BOOTS. Taking care of them with polish and such is a no-brainer.
David from jax

Oh, by the way, that was in 1982 and with a little polish, those boots still look great.

Looks like JAX has the oldest GOOD Boots mine are only '89 or so bought by my wife at the time...

Mark

/ Anyone else clean and polish their work boots? #26  
When I was in the USAF I did. Not so much any more.

/ Anyone else clean and polish their work boots? #27  
well.. that's the problem.

60$ cowboy boots.

the cheapest i've ever seen were laredo.. and they are 100$ I won't even buy them. they are cheap. and yes.. they do wear faster.

then 150-160$ ariats i wer easilly last 2 years. I got a pair 5ys old... they are beat to heck and now only worn in the pasture.. etc.

as for oiling.. hey.. does spilling diesell on them count? what about dripping hyd oil? :)

A story,
I went into a boot store, wearing a worn out pair of cowboy boots, and told the salesman I wanted a pair of work boots. He asked me if I wanted cowboy boots, and I told him no, that they didn't last in my vocation. I told him I would pay $60 for a pair and in 3 months they needed new soles, and in 3 more months, they weren't worth putting the money into new soles. He asked me if I would buy a pair of boots at my annual outlay of $120 or so, if they didn't require new soles in a year. (guaranteed in writing?, yes!!) So spend $120 on a pair of good boots, and didn't need soles for 2 years. Bought another pair for non working days, and still have both. While I now wear work boots, I still have both pairs and wear them regularly. Nothing better than a good pair of GOOD BOOTS. Taking care of them with polish and such is a no-brainer.
David from jax

/ Anyone else clean and polish their work boots? #28  
well.. that's the problem.

60$ cowboy boots.

the cheapest i've ever seen were laredo.. and they are 100$ I won't even buy them. they are cheap. and yes.. they do wear faster.

then 150-160$ ariats i wer easilly last 2 years. I got a pair 5ys old... they are beat to heck and now only worn in the pasture.. etc.

as for oiling.. hey.. does spilling diesell on them count? what about dripping hyd oil? :)

A story,
David from jax

/ Anyone else clean and polish their work boots? #29  
Sure I shine my work boots. What else am I gonna wear to church on Sundays?

/ Anyone else clean and polish their work boots? #30  
Yes I do clean and oil my boots regularly. As a surveyor that walks a lot I always buy two pair of the same boots and wear the same pair every other day. It lets the boots completely dry out from sweating. Sure, it's a higher initial investment but the boots last much longer.