Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    John Deere LX172

Default Re: Here is what not to do or say if you shoot a burglar...geeez !

I'm betting the guy will be prosecuted, to serve as an example. I also predict, if the article has the facts correct, that he will be convicted. The Pharmacist crossed over the line when he shot the kid after he was no longer a threat. Looks like this guy is in the same boat; if he's lucky, they will find him insane. The right to protect your life with deadly force is not carte blanche; once it is clear that you are not in danger of death or serious bodily injury, (depending on the individual state laws of course) that right is diminished.
    Have Wings, Will Travel.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere and Case

Quote Originally Posted by 2LaneCruzer View Post
    I'm betting the guy will be prosecuted, to serve as an example. I also predict, if the article has the facts correct, that he will be convicted. The Pharmacist crossed over the line when he shot the kid after he was no longer a threat. Looks like this guy is in the same boat; if he's lucky, they will find him insane. The right to protect your life with deadly force is not carte blanche; once it is clear that you are not in danger of death or serious bodily injury, (depending on the individual state laws of course) that right is diminished.
    Here is one time owning a tractor with a fel could save a bunch of headaches !Here is what not to do or say if you shoot a burglar...geeez !-tc32701799-27-330-400-80

Tractor
    MF 285 Long 560 MF2670 CX100

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Here is one time owning a tractor with a fel could save a bunch of headaches !Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TC32701799-27-330-400-80-22-ChildTemplate.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	290546
    I can fix anything from a broken heart to the crack of dawn.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere and Case

Quote Originally Posted by jlsmith View Post
    I'm having a new sign made that says --- STANDING AT MY GATE YOU ARE IN RANGE ! And I'm going to dig a grave next to it with an arrow pointing down

Tractor

Feel for both families but am behind the home owner, all tho he didnt handle it as i would have. Not saying they both wouldnt be dead tho.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere and Case

Well the way I see it (and this is my opinion ) when they took the parents right to discipline their children away ,and now they teach self entitlement and kids demanding respect when they have not earned it ,you end up with teenagers breaking into homes ,stealing cars and doing drugs because they think they deserve whatever they want even if they have to steal to get it ! spare the rod spoil the child and NO I'm not saying you should be able to beat your children but you should be able to discipline them without fear of arrest child services being involved .That's the way it used to be and I don't remember any of my friends breaking into someones house ,We would have h-ll to pay when we got home and dad got a hold of you !

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Well the way I see it (and this is my opinion ) when they took the parents right to discipline their children away ,and now they teach self entitlement and kids demanding respect when they have not earned it ,you end up with teenagers breaking into homes ,stealing cars and doing drugs because they think they deserve whatever they want even if they have to steal to get it ! spare the rod spoil the child and NO I'm not saying you should be able to beat your children but you should be able to discipline them without fear of arrest child services being involved .That's the way it used to be and I don't remember any of my friends breaking into someones house ,We would have h-ll to pay when we got home and dad got a hold of you !
    I agree 100%. Criminals have it far to easy today and the people end up paying for it.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota l3130

I have had extensive training in this, by the local sheriff's department and the District Attorney.

Do not say anything at the time. You are traumatized, and will say stupid stuff. Even cops involved in a shooting get to talk to a psychologist and have representation present before they answer any questions about a shooting. Agree to cooperate, but postpone answering any questions for at least 24 hours while you recover your emotional stability and have an attorney present.

The guy in this story is going to get hung by his tongue. There's no way of telling if the statements he made were true or not but, even if he was just babbling, he's probably going to prison for them.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M6800, Massey Ferguson 240

A major point made in my CWP class was that if you did fire your weapon and injure or kill someone, make no statement to police at all...say nothing. Anything you say can only hurt you in court. Don't try to explain your actions or defend yourself...call a lawyer before you say a word!!!

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

OK - There is more to the story....These kids ...not just innocent...they are burglars....read this...

Slain Minn. teens may be tied to earlier burglary | www.ajc.com
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast