Here is what not to do or say if you shoot a burglar...geeez !

/ Here is what not to do or say if you shoot a burglar...geeez ! #81  
OK - There is more to the story....These kids ...not just innocent...they are burglars....read this...

Slain Minn. teens may be tied to earlier burglary | www.ajc.com

These were small town (8,000) kids out on a lark, maybe not their first, but they were not hardened criminals or gang bangers. Junior and Senior in high school, active in athletics, had friends. Somehow, they got off on the wrong path, that is obvious. The homeowner had no local criminal history and is an apparent up-standing citizen.

I figured the odds that this is their first break-in are low, that is just pushing the odds to to think that. I know that makes no mathematical sense, but I'm sticking with it.

/ Here is what not to do or say if you shoot a burglar...geeez !
These were small town (8,000) kids out on a lark, maybe not their first, but they were not hardened criminals or gang bangers. Junior and Senior in high school, active in athletics, had friends. Somehow, they got off on the wrong path, that is obvious. The homeowner had no local criminal history and is an apparent up-standing citizen.

I figured the odds that this is their first break-in are low, that is just pushing the odds to to think that. I know that makes no mathematical sense, but I'm sticking with it.

Dave...I am betting with you and I also bet drugs were involved....that would explain her coming down the stairs even though she had to hear the shots....I say they have done this before...

/ Here is what not to do or say if you shoot a burglar...geeez ! #83  
   / Here is what not to do or say if you shoot a burglar...geeez ! #84  
That won't make a difference, Brin...this guy did not just stop a burglary, he executed the burglars.

Right on Roy...even if she (and the male) were convicted murderers...you can't put your pistol under her chin and "deliver a clean finishing shot"...after you have already shot her multiple times with two different guns, dragged her into the tool room next to the dead male and then executed her after you heard her still struggling to breathe. Also, probably guilty in case of the male...who he shot several times in the face as he laid already wounded on the floor..."wanted him dead".

I own many long guns and hand guns and would certainly use them if I had to to defend my family and home...sure hope this "perp" and others like him who seek to be "tough" and want "revenge" don't eventually cause the rest of us to lose our rights of self defense...just sayin'...

/ Here is what not to do or say if you shoot a burglar...geeez ! #85  
I wouldn't convict him if I was on jury.

HS

/ Here is what not to do or say if you shoot a burglar...geeez ! #86  
That won't make a difference, Brin...this guy did not just stop a burglary, he executed the burglars.

That's a point.

I was thinking how bad and amateurish as burglars they were. Somebody stealing for stuff to fence or sell, usually avoids occupied homes if they are thinking straight at all.

There is a lot to this case that doesn't add up. Maybe they were really stupid thieves, or maybe something else was going on. The homeowner's statements about how he "wanted him dead." The girl going down the steps like they do only in a Hollywood screamer flick, and the girl supposedly laughing after being shot several times, that's just too weird. But, truth can be stranger than fiction, it may of all happened more or less just as he described it.

/ Here is what not to do or say if you shoot a burglar...geeez ! #87  
Guys the only thing I know for sure is we were not there, dont have and never will have all the facts, and it is a very sad thing for ALL concerned. It might be helpful if we could remember these things as we speculate.

/ Here is what not to do or say if you shoot a burglar...geeez ! #88  
Guys the only thing I know for sure is we were not there, dont have and never will have all the facts, and it is a very sad thing for ALL concerned. It might be helpful if we could remember these things as we speculate.

True, and I think most of us realize that. It's the urge to be armchair homicide detectives I guess.

It's morbid of me, but I feel some sort of compulsion to try to make sense out of what is seemingly senseless; even though I fully realize that is probably not going to happen without more data.

While it's very sad what happens to all three involved, I am more fascinated by the human aspects of the thing than deciding guilt or innocence. A judge or jury will do that.

/ Here is what not to do or say if you shoot a burglar...geeez !

10-04 Rick...You are exactly right....I know the kill shot this man made makes everyone sick...but ....we were not there...he is 64 yrs. old...been burglarized many times before...we don't know his financial condition or mental state...he snapped but yet he has no previous record...Let's wait and see all the facts....I just know that if you break into someone's house...please expect to die...I mean, what are they supposed to do ...wait and hope you just want to steal and not kill them...I know...I know..he executed them...but he was probably scared out of his wits...all alone...no idea how many there were...just sayin'