Razor Clams.......can't beat em!

/ Razor Clams.......can't beat em! #1  

jerrybob

Tractor
yanmar 186D....JD LT180....DR Brush Cutter
Wow......6 day clam dig this week in the Pacific Northwest. Razor clams......um good! Went clamming yesterday and today......had our 15 limit within 10 minutes. Clams were showing everywhere......lots of people out on the beach. Fried clams tonight for dinner. Clam fritters later this week. Lots of chowder this winter. Between elk meat, clams and a little salmon......eating just don't get much better! :licking:

/ Razor Clams.......can't beat em! #3  
Sounds great. What beach did you go to? Guessing Long Beach. We have a lot of butter clams and other shell fish up the Hood Canal. Good way to live.

/ Razor Clams.......can't beat em!
Twin Harbors.....near Greyland. Drive right out on the beach......today....no wind and about 53 degrees. Beautiful. Supposed to rain for a few days.....so a few less folks tomorrow. Oh well.....clams don't care so we're gonna get some more. Living good!

/ Razor Clams.......can't beat em! #5  
Never acquired the taste for 'em but truly enjoyed the 'hunt'. Family still has a bare camping lot at Ocean Shores.

After the dig, we use to always set up a cleaning assembly line and clean everybody's limit at one time. Good memories.

You dig up on the dry or a surf pounder ?

/ Razor Clams.......can't beat em! #7  
Never did any clam digging and never seen clam fritters, but I do like fried clams and New England style clam chowder. In fact, I keep a can of Campbell's clam chowder on hand. It's a long ways from being the best, but it's better than nothing.:laughing:

/ Razor Clams.......can't beat em! #8  
Now your Razor Clams may be different to ours - in which case this wont work.

However, in UK I was watching a guy on TV who went round at low tide looking for the breathing holes. He then pours salt down the hole and they errupt out of the sand - and can be pulled out with no digging. Seemed very easy - more so than digging.

J

/ Razor Clams.......can't beat em! #10  
niemeyjt said:
Now your Razor Clams may be different to ours - in which case this wont work.

However, in UK I was watching a guy on TV who went round at low tide looking for the breathing holes. He then pours salt down the hole and they errupt out of the sand - and can be pulled out with no digging. Seemed very easy - more so than digging.

J

Hum...not sure they (clams) really do that but I'll take your word for it.