Amish Mafia

/ Amish Mafia #21  
There's 500 channels and nothing on TV.

Hey, maybe if Amish Mafia doesn't work, they can try something like "Extreme Amish Cougar Wives". :eek:
I remember "The Learning Channel" when you could actually learn something. Now you've got train wrecks like "Honey Boo Boo" and "Breaking Amish" or "Sister Wives". Oh, I forgot "Hoarding; Buried Alive". I'm about ready to pull the plug on the whole bunch. Heck, I remember when I could learn something historical on "The History Channel". Now it's "Pawn Stars", "American Pickers" and "Ice Road Truckers". I guess they tailor the shows to what rates high with subscribers. :confused3:

/ Amish Mafia #22  

Isn't that the truth :(

I am watching less and less TV, usually four shows per week.

I am getting so tired of the stupid commercials repeated time and again, sometimes back to back. It sometimes seems that TV is more commercials than content.

Hey, maybe if Amish Mafia doesn't work, they can try something like "Extreme Amish Cougar Wives". :eek:

If only you knew.... LOL

/ Amish Mafia #23  
Isn't that the truth :(

I am watching less and less TV, usually four shows per week.

I am getting so tired of the stupid commercials repeated time and again, sometimes back to back. It sometimes seems that TV is more commercials than content.

Same here. And what shows I do watch, I record on the DVR so that I can skip through all the commercials. Paying so much each month and roughly 1/3 of it is commercials. I drive my wife crazy because very rarely do I turn the TV on that it's not in the middle of a commercial. Just not worth it to me.

I've about got my wife convinced we should pull the plug on the pay TV. We got DSL out here, Netflix and Amazon Prime. And we got that old technology called "books"! :) Also, I'm looking at Apple TV too. So we don't really need no stinkin' satellite!

/ Amish Mafia #24  
dieselalles said:
Same here. And what shows I do watch, I record on the DVR so that I can skip through all the commercials. Paying so much each month and roughly 1/3 of it is commercials. I drive my wife crazy because very rarely do I turn the TV on that it's not in the middle of a commercial. Just not worth it to me.

I've about got my wife convinced we should pull the plug on the pay TV. We got DSL out here, Netflix and Amazon Prime. And we got that old technology called "books"! :) Also, I'm looking at Apple TV too. So we don't really need no stinkin' satellite!

We've been using rabbit ears since summer 2002. What we receive changes (depends on how we arrange tv position in room and weather), but even digital channels come over the air now into the flat screen.

/ Amish Mafia #25  
We've been using rabbit ears since summer 2002. What we receive changes (depends on how we arrange tv position in room and weather), but even digital channels come over the air now into the flat screen.

Antennas are making a comeback I've heard. Cable rates are out of control and the content is lousy between the commercials.

/ Amish Mafia #26  
dave1949 said:
Antennas are making a comeback I've heard. Cable rates are out of control and the content is lousy between the commercials.

Bingo.

/ Amish Mafia #27  

I remember "The Learning Channel" when you could actually learn something. Now you've got train wrecks like "Honey Boo Boo" and "Breaking Amish" or "Sister Wives". Oh, I forgot "Hoarding; Buried Alive". I'm about ready to pull the plug on the whole bunch. Heck, I remember when I could learn something historical on "The History Channel". Now it's "Pawn Stars", "American Pickers" and "Ice Road Truckers". I guess they tailor the shows to what rates high with subscribers. :confused3:

Springsteen had it right 30 years ag: "57 channels and nothings on"

/ Amish Mafia #28  
The fate of broadcast TV is soon to be the same fate as printed media, such as newspapers and magazines. Everything will be over the internet.