Neighbor removed my property line pin

/ Neighbor removed my property line pin
There was mention about game cameras and I'd like to know more about them. I saved a link for one that I believe I found here at TBN...
camera

What I especially like about that one was the ability to control it by using my phone. I'd like to position 3 cameras and be able to record them on a hard drive. Any other suggestions would be welcome. The other concern is $$ The one I listed isn't too bad, but 3 of them cost more than I want to spend right now. So priorities being what they are, I want the cameras but gotta watch the $$

Thanks!!
TC

Last edited:
I understand boundary pins... what about the markers smack in the middle of someone else's property?

Control points? I do know my surveyor set a few(on neighbors property) in order to locate the boundary. But I don't know if they are capped with the surveyors ID. I'll know soon enough though as I intend to ask her.

/ Neighbor removed my property line pin #293  
Maybe pound a couple wooden stakes with flagging tape flowing from the top and three feet over the line and onto his property line? Great for a chuckle and I've seen it wise up the other guy with the prospect that, uh-oh, I might have some skin in the game.

Maybe you could think about having a lawyer send him a certified letter with demand for payment of the survey. I'll bet the lawyer would say you have an argument anyway but the letter, too is a wake-up call. You could mail it yourself but a letter from a lawyer, even if only a nobody, raises the heart rate. Cost $50- $100.

This is not stuff to do, just to think about during idle moments plowing snow. My vote still is a second row of trees behind the first ($2 seedlings) and let things fade away. It would be nice to have a neighbor as opposed to an enemy, but it sort-of has to be his idea to be friends.

It might be worth a conversation with a friend that's a lawyer. I think the burden of proof will likley fall on the other guy rather than you. Not sure about CT. Don't put too much energy into this only because it's what the other guy wants you to do. This is a simple argument that is black and white. Not much for gray areas and not sure about game cameras.

/ Neighbor removed my property line pin #294  
Put the corner pins in, run an electric fence (not plugged in) white tape wire on 5-6 foot fiberglass posts the entire length- right on the boundary. Fences make good neighbors.

Maybe pound a couple wooden stakes with flagging tape flowing from the top and three feet over the line and onto his property line? Great for a chuckle and I've seen it wise up the other guy with the prospect that, uh-oh, I might have some skin in the game.

Maybe you could think about having a lawyer send him a certified letter with demand for payment of the survey. I'll bet the lawyer would say you have an argument anyway but the letter, too is a wake-up call. You could mail it yourself but a letter from a lawyer, even if only a nobody, raises the heart rate. Cost $50- $100.

This is not stuff to do, just to think about during idle moments plowing snow. My vote still is a second row of trees behind the first ($2 seedlings) and let things fade away. It would be nice to have a neighbor as opposed to an enemy, but it sort-of has to be his idea to be friends.

It might be worth a conversation with a friend that's a lawyer. I think the burden of proof will likley fall on the other guy rather than you. Not sure about CT. Don't put too much energy into this only because it's what the other guy wants you to do. This is a simple argument that is black and white. Not much for gray areas and not sure about game cameras.

I already had a good chuckle once when my surveyor did the initial survey...she set some control points on his property marked with stakes and ribbons and the neighbor freaked when he came home.

The lawyer letter is a good idea and one that I might use if I decide to pursue it. But again...bet it causes this neighbor to react and just continue his games. Still on the fence as to what to do there.

I'm still not convinced about planting a row of seedlings just yet, but I'll give you this much...I can see it as a possibility the more I see it mentioned.

(Good) Fences make good neighbors.

I agree and so do many others who have seen the end result. In fact the natural beauty of the Arborvitaes is much better than any fence and day IMO

You be the judge...the first pic shows the original single rail fence that the neighbor tore down
the second pic shows my trees

which would you prefer?

/ Neighbor removed my property line pin #297  
Just a reminder: simple fences on the property line define that boundary. Trees planted inside the property line (on your side) provide privacy. Trees do NOT make a good property line because their growth (trunk and limbs) encroach on the neighboring property (potentially causing problems with the adjoining property owner).

/ Neighbor removed my property line pin #298  
They might be planning to knock down or kill your vegetation. Get a camera out there pronto just to be safe.

/ Neighbor removed my property line pin #299  
They might be planning to knock down or kill your vegetation. Get a camera out there pronto just to be safe.

Probably a little late now this appears to be from 2013

/ Neighbor removed my property line pin #300  
Looks like that last time the OP posted was 2013, so I’m assuming no updates are coming. It was quite a saga.