Gun helps home owner

/ Gun helps home owner #2  
Nice. :thumbsup:

/ Gun helps home owner #4  
Pete Judd said:
LMAO, great.

Oops. Hows he going to explain this one the the courts.

/ Gun helps home owner #6  
Oh boy some members are going to be upset that this homeowner did it all wrong, I think you are supposed to shoot 4-5 times. If the're still breathing get a kill shot off at close range. Drag the body away from the crime scene and wait 24 hrs. I think that's the method some members support from this thread.

Here is what not to do or say if you shoot a burglar...geeez ! - Page 27

/ Gun helps home owner #7  
Oh boy some members are going to be upset that this homeowner did it all wrong, I think you are supposed to shoot 4-5 times. If the're still breathing get a kill shot off at close range. Drag the body away from the crime scene and wait 24 hrs. I think that's the method some members support from this thread.

Here is what not to do or say if you shoot a burglar...geeez ! - Page 27

Nah, he was in his truck in the driveway, so he wasn't fair game. Now he'll probably sue the homeowner and his son for threatening him.

/ Gun helps home owner #8  
:rolleyes:
Now he'll probably sue the homeowner and his son for threatening him.
Yes, I'm sure that's exactly how this will turn out (sarcasm intended).:rolleyes:

Last edited:
   / Gun helps home owner #9  
and some dirt bag lawyer & jury will award the criminal the owners property a million bucks damages and put a lien on everything he makes for rest of his live...

/ Gun helps home owner #10  
Nah, he was in his truck in the driveway, so he wasn't fair game. Now he'll probably sue the homeowner and his son for threatening him.

Not likely, at least in NC and I doubt it is different elsewhere in the US, one can use the force that is reasonable and necessary. The father and son did not shot the man, they just held him at gun point until the law arrived. Seems pretty danged reasonable and necessary to me. Given the incident was in a rural area I don't think he has much reason for concern.

There was a similar case in NC a few years ago except that the homeowner shot the robber. I can't remember if the robber was killed. I thought for sure the homeowner would be arrested since the use of deadly force was a bit iffy. In any case, the DA did NOT press charges because the DA said this was a rural area and there was no way he could get a conviction. If the homeowner had been in Chapel Hill or Orange county, NC, I think he would have been charged. Course one never knows what a DA, judge, magistrate or jury will do.

Later,
Dan