Christmas Trees

/ Christmas Trees #1  

MIKE R

Elite Member
Tractor
Many
What do y'all use for trees: real or fake. I like the real trees and the idea of a tree in the house but parents don't want the needles off them stuck in the hardwood floor or the sap on it.

Its a fake tree for us.

How about you?

/ Christmas Trees #2  
nice 12' tall fake tree for us. i used real trees for years, but the thought of that tree in a room with the fireplace kept me up at night with worry.

/ Christmas Trees #3  
nice 11' tall fake tree for us. i used real trees for years, but the thought of that tree in a room with the fireplace kept me up at night with worry.

Attachments

• _MG_6314.jpg
    _MG_6314.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 165
   / Christmas Trees #4  
We have a Christmas forest with three smaller fake trees. I like real, but the wife doesn't want the sap and the needles on the carpet.

/ Christmas Trees #5  
Never had a fake tree. We have some small-scale local tree growers here, so I like to buy from them. Once in a while I cut one on our land, but I don't work at growing them. I planted 5 balsam seedlings about 3-4 years ago. 1.5 are still alive :laughing: They didn't seem too happy with the conditions.

/ Christmas Trees #6  
Grew up with the use of cedar trees... Smell wonderful, but a real fire hazard. As an adult I've always used real trees... Virginia White Pines. Good tree and practically fireproof. I've taken them outside in January and been unable to get them to burn unless you built a huge fire under them.

I like real trees. I've never seen an artificial tree that looked as good. But that's just me.

/ Christmas Trees #7  
We always have real trees. I would like to go fake, but the daughters want real "it's tradition". So it will be real for us again this year.

/ Christmas Trees #8  
Real trees for me. Got a nice 10' plus in the living room and a waist high "Snoopy" tree in the bed room. Both locally grown Virginia White Pine also.

image-2790379891.jpg

When I looked at them he didn't have what I wanted (big enough for the living room or small enough for the bed room) so he cut them both just for me and brought them the next day.

/ Christmas Trees #9  
Since you asked. Not fond of artificial trees. Had one many yrs ago. Think we used one about 30 yrs ago when we had plans on visiting relatives on another state for Christmas.

Real trees are much lower cost than artificial and here in the PNW, trees of many varieties are redly available. Needles are not an issue after getting tree set up and can never recall sap being an issue. Usually have tree up on avg 3 weeks.

We got ours yesterday at a large Christmas tree farm, lot of those nearby. Got a Spruce this yr, our first one. Quite nice, full right to the top and decent shape. Spent the PM getting the tree decorated. Not bad if I do say so myself.

Attachments

• xtree 6.jpg
    xtree 6.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 118
   / Christmas Trees #10  
Fake tree for me. It's just 4 ft tall and takes me half an hour to set up and decorate!!!

I bought a variety of plastic animals from Tractor Supply and Atwoods, then attached a small hook in the back of them and made them into ornaments.

011.jpg014.jpg9271020261.jpg9271020301.jpg9271020321.jpg9271020341.jpg

Eddie