Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    MASSEY 1020, CASE SC, FARMALL F12 and F20

Default Christmas Trees

What do y'all use for trees: real or fake. I like the real trees and the idea of a tree in the house but parents don't want the needles off them stuck in the hardwood floor or the sap on it.

Its a fake tree for us.

How about you?
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" - Red Green

2013 TRACTOR CRUISE VIDEO
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCSNh8qmaus

Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

Default Re: Christmas Trees

nice 12' tall fake tree for us. i used real trees for years, but the thought of that tree in a room with the fireplace kept me up at night with worry.
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

nice 11' tall fake tree for us. i used real trees for years, but the thought of that tree in a room with the fireplace kept me up at night with worry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Christmas Trees-_mg_6314.jpg  
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Tractor
    2 Allis Chalmers WD, Case SC

We have a Christmas forest with three smaller fake trees. I like real, but the wife doesn't want the sap and the needles on the carpet.

Tractor
    New Holland TC40

Never had a fake tree. We have some small-scale local tree growers here, so I like to buy from them. Once in a while I cut one on our land, but I don't work at growing them. I planted 5 balsam seedlings about 3-4 years ago. 1.5 are still alive They didn't seem too happy with the conditions.
    "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end ..."

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 3038E

Grew up with the use of cedar trees... Smell wonderful, but a real fire hazard. As an adult I've always used real trees... Virginia White Pines. Good tree and practically fireproof. I've taken them outside in January and been unable to get them to burn unless you built a huge fire under them.

I like real trees. I've never seen an artificial tree that looked as good. But that's just me.

Tractor
    Mahindra 3616 hst cab

We always have real trees. I would like to go fake, but the daughters want real "it's tradition". So it will be real for us again this year.

Tractor
    Kubota 9540, RTV 900 and David Brown 885.

Real trees for me. Got a nice 10' plus in the living room and a waist high "Snoopy" tree in the bed room. Both locally grown Virginia White Pine also.

Christmas Trees-image-2790379891.jpg

When I looked at them he didn't have what I wanted (big enough for the living room or small enough for the bed room) so he cut them both just for me and brought them the next day.

Tractor
    Yanmar Fx24D, Cub 3204

Since you asked. Not fond of artificial trees. Had one many yrs ago. Think we used one about 30 yrs ago when we had plans on visiting relatives on another state for Christmas.

Real trees are much lower cost than artificial and here in the PNW, trees of many varieties are redly available. Needles are not an issue after getting tree set up and can never recall sap being an issue. Usually have tree up on avg 3 weeks.

We got ours yesterday at a large Christmas tree farm, lot of those nearby. Got a Spruce this yr, our first one. Quite nice, full right to the top and decent shape. Spent the PM getting the tree decorated. Not bad if I do say so myself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Christmas Trees-xtree-6.jpg  
    Yanmar Fx24D,
    Koyker 155 loader,
    RSB-1300 tiller
    Cub 3204, 48" mower
    Bolen 1257 GT with tiller

Tractor
    Several, all used and abused.

Fake tree for me. It's just 4 ft tall and takes me half an hour to set up and decorate!!!

I bought a variety of plastic animals from Tractor Supply and Atwoods, then attached a small hook in the back of them and made them into ornaments.

Christmas Trees-011.jpgChristmas Trees-014.jpgChristmas Trees-9271020261.jpgChristmas Trees-9271020301.jpgChristmas Trees-9271020321.jpgChristmas Trees-9271020341.jpg

Eddie

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast