As of today my piece of "Rural Living" is all mine!

/ As of today my piece of "Rural Living" is all mine! #1  

dusty3030

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010 Cab, Kioti RX7320 Powershuttle/ Cab, Kubota M7040 HDC, Kubota U35-4, John Deere 317G
6 years 10 months on a 15 fixed.

My little 10 acres, home, couple of steel buildings / barns are all mine free and clear!!!!!

2nd home I've paid off in my lifetime.

Only thing left I owe is on my current tractor, it was 48 month 0%, so I saved it for last of course.

Oh thank you Lord for the relief I feel today.

/ As of today my piece of "Rural Living" is all mine! #2  
Congratulations! That is quite an important milestone.

/ As of today my piece of "Rural Living" is all mine!
On 12/12/12 no less, I should never forget what day it happened!

/ As of today my piece of "Rural Living" is all mine! #4  
6 years 10 months on a 15 fixed.

My little 10 acres, home, couple of steel buildings / barns are all mine free and clear!!!!!

2nd home I've paid off in my lifetime.

Only thing left I owe is on my current tractor, it was 48 month 0%, so I saved it for last of course.

Oh thank you Lord for the relief I feel today.

Congratulations!!! No better feeling to know its paid for. :thumbsup:

/ As of today my piece of "Rural Living" is all mine! #5  
Congratulations. Was the news to much for the supervisor or did he just have a long night celebrating and needed some shut eye?

Congratulations. Was the news to much for the supervisor or did he just have a long night celebrating and needed some shut eye?

Actually an old pic, but one of my favorite of my family at our place.

His name was Dusty, hence my "handle". He and that barn are gone now and he rests just behind where that picture was taken. He was 14 and time had taken it's toll.
My sweet wife and I tore that barn down and salvaged as much lumber as we could. Termites, water, and time had taken it's toll long before we bought the place, that on top of the fact it was not tall enough or big enough we removed it and had a larger steel building built to replace it. That is one project we will never forget! Lots of sweat on our part.

/ As of today my piece of "Rural Living" is all mine! #7  
Congradulations... now start a escrow account on the side... taxes and insurance never go away.

mark

/ As of today my piece of "Rural Living" is all mine! #8  
CONGRATULATIONS .....................

the wife and i paid off our place about 4 years ago....

it sure takes a load off of ones mind not to have to worry about losing your house. the bills for other things keep coming in, but the house being free and clear sure is a nice feeling.

/ As of today my piece of "Rural Living" is all mine! #9  
Pretend you still have a mortgage and put that money in the college fund.

Pretend you still have a mortgage and put that money in the college fund.

No kidding! We actually started a managed fund when he was born. It draws automatically as well as our life insurance.
I am going to keep "paying the mortgage" and build up the cash.
We are so fortunate the property taxes are low and the insurance reasonable.

We probably look crazy on paper but we have multiple savings accounts. One for taxes, one for charity, one for emergencies, one for our son for money people give him. I want to start another for the next car (we have two that are in good shape / paid for, but want enough cash when time comes for another down the road). Might not work for everyone but works for us to at the end of each month take everything we have left and divy it out into the savings accounts and start out at "zero". I get paid once a month so we do it on payday. Put what is left in checking into the different savings and start out at zero with that months check. It has worked for us so far!