"fnh Pistole Modell 27 Kal 7,65"...any info on this gun???

/ "fnh Pistole Modell 27 Kal 7,65"...any info on this gun??? #1  

TMR

Gold Member
I am curious if anyone might have any info regarding a semi-auto I inherited from my father. It is an "fnh Pistole Modell 27 Kal 7,65" (spelling from side of gun) I believe it is a German pistol from WWII...my father brought it back from the war. It was described to me as a "dress" pistol?? Actually, the "claim" was that it was an SS Dress Pistol It also has a very small German "eagle" stamped on the barrel...the small portion visible where the shells eject. It also has what appears to be a custom fit holster that holds one clip...quite good condition...other than where my dad had his initials "carved" into the side of the gun.

I have always assumed it was too short a barrel to be very accurate? Note that I have probably put maybe 20-30 rounds through it over the years and I have never worked at learning to shoot a pistol and thus I am not accurate...with any length barrel The barrel itself is about 3 7/8th inches.

Any info on 7,65...is there another caliber equivalent? Price range?

It is kind of like a 22LR but much "fatter"...and it is center fire.

Would a 3 7/8th " barrel be potentially of average accuracy?...assuming it was appropriately sighted in??? Worth "learning" and practicing with?

Thanks for any info...I am guessing this site may not be quite up there with a gun site...but probably LOTS of info held by the members :) Thanks TMR

/ "fnh Pistole Modell 27 Kal 7,65"...any info on this gun??? #2  
It is .32ACP.
It was made by the Czech gun maker CZ. They made it before and after the war.
It is a well made piece. Yours of course was made during German occupation.
I seriously doubt it's SS story. The SS were elite and wouldn't have been armed with what the Germans considered a second tier arm.
For just about every country they occupied they put it's industry to work for them, it would be plausible it did come off a German soldier, the Germans were some pistol loving, pistol packing SOB's.
They are well made and if in good condition would outlast me and you put together. It was a very succesfull design in it's day.

/ "fnh Pistole Modell 27 Kal 7,65"...any info on this gun??? #3  
I am curious if anyone might have any info regarding a semi-auto I inherited from my father. It is an "fnh Pistole Modell 27 Kal 7,65" (spelling from side of gun) I believe it is a German pistol from WWII...my father brought it back from the war. It was described to me as a "dress" pistol?? Actually, the "claim" was that it was an SS Dress Pistol It also has a very small German "eagle" stamped on the barrel...the small portion visible where the shells eject. It also has what appears to be a custom fit holster that holds one clip...quite good condition...other than where my dad had his initials "carved" into the side of the gun.

I have always assumed it was too short a barrel to be very accurate? Note that I have probably put maybe 20-30 rounds through it over the years and I have never worked at learning to shoot a pistol and thus I am not accurate...with any length barrel The barrel itself is about 3 7/8th inches.

Any info on 7,65...is there another caliber equivalent? Price range?

It is kind of like a 22LR but much "fatter"...and it is center fire.

Would a 3 7/8th " barrel be potentially of average accuracy?...assuming it was appropriately sighted in??? Worth "learning" and practicing with?

Thanks for any info...I am guessing this site may not be quite up there with a gun site...but probably LOTS of info held by the members :) Thanks TMR

Well of the top of my head.. FNH.. is FN in Herstall Belgium.. Fabrique Nationale the old company started by John Moses Browning himself (an American of very notable accomplishments).. yes it is a model 27 in caliber .32acp.. the acp part stands for Automatic Colt Pistol. The Europeans always have a different method of describing caliber.. hence the 7.65mm probably as accurate as any pistol designed for short range defense work.. Now let me see if I can find out anything about it.

/ "fnh Pistole Modell 27 Kal 7,65"...any info on this gun??? #4  
Well of the top of my head.. FNH.. is FN in Herstall Belgium.. Fabrique Nationale the old company started by John Moses Browning himself (an American of very notable accomplishments).. yes it is a model 27 in caliber .32acp.. the acp part stands for Automatic Colt Pistol. The Europeans always have a different method of describing caliber.. hence the 7.65mm probably as accurate as any pistol designed for short range defense work.. Now let me see if I can find out anything about it.

Not a FN

/ "fnh Pistole Modell 27 Kal 7,65"...any info on this gun??? #6  
   / "fnh Pistole Modell 27 Kal 7,65"...any info on this gun??? #7  

Yep, shot my mouth off too fast.. before I googled.. you would THINK. FNH, meant FN de Herstal but apparently that is some kind of Nazi stamp.

/ "fnh Pistole Modell 27 Kal 7,65"...any info on this gun??? #8  
it's a cz model 27

probably has the cz emblem right on the grips

if in doubt.. post a pic..

old tractors aren't the only old thing I collect.. ;)

/ "fnh Pistole Modell 27 Kal 7,65"...any info on this gun??? #9  
Yep, shot my mouth off too fast.. before I googled.. you would THINK. FNH, meant FN de Herstal but apparently that is some kind of Nazi stamp.
That's no big deal FN made a bunch of similar pistols to that.

/ "fnh Pistole Modell 27 Kal 7,65"...any info on this gun???
Thanks All...I should have known to google it! Seems like it was/is a pretty common gun. Re: fnh...

"Many Model 27 pistols are marked with a German World War II code (fnh) to denote place of manufacture. These are usually inferior in workmanship and finish to those without the code marking, but are serviceable pistols."

Looks like a reasonable gun with meaning as it was my father's brought home after the war...which also appears to have been pretty common. Thanks...TMR