Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    447
    Location
    Two Harbors, MN

    Default "fnh Pistole Modell 27 Kal 7,65"...any info on this gun???

    I am curious if anyone might have any info regarding a semi-auto I inherited from my father. It is an "fnh Pistole Modell 27 Kal 7,65" (spelling from side of gun) I believe it is a German pistol from WWII...my father brought it back from the war. It was described to me as a "dress" pistol?? Actually, the "claim" was that it was an SS Dress Pistol It also has a very small German "eagle" stamped on the barrel...the small portion visible where the shells eject. It also has what appears to be a custom fit holster that holds one clip...quite good condition...other than where my dad had his initials "carved" into the side of the gun.

    I have always assumed it was too short a barrel to be very accurate? Note that I have probably put maybe 20-30 rounds through it over the years and I have never worked at learning to shoot a pistol and thus I am not accurate...with any length barrel The barrel itself is about 3 7/8th inches.

    Any info on 7,65...is there another caliber equivalent? Price range?

    It is kind of like a 22LR but much "fatter"...and it is center fire.

    Would a 3 7/8th " barrel be potentially of average accuracy?...assuming it was appropriately sighted in??? Worth "learning" and practicing with?

    Thanks for any info...I am guessing this site may not be quite up there with a gun site...but probably LOTS of info held by the members Thanks TMR

  2. #2
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,892
    Location
    Arkansas!
    Tractor
    JD

    Default Re: "fnh Pistole Modell 27 Kal 7,65"...any info on this gun???

    It is .32ACP.
    It was made by the Czech gun maker CZ. They made it before and after the war.
    It is a well made piece. Yours of course was made during German occupation.
    I seriously doubt it's SS story. The SS were elite and wouldn't have been armed with what the Germans considered a second tier arm.
    For just about every country they occupied they put it's industry to work for them, it would be plausible it did come off a German soldier, the Germans were some pistol loving, pistol packing SOB's.
    They are well made and if in good condition would outlast me and you put together. It was a very succesfull design in it's day.

  3. #3
    Epic Contributor k0ua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    22,956
    Location
    Branson, Mo.
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

    Default Re: "fnh Pistole Modell 27 Kal 7,65"...any info on this gun???

    Quote Originally Posted by TMR View Post
    I am curious if anyone might have any info regarding a semi-auto I inherited from my father. It is an "fnh Pistole Modell 27 Kal 7,65" (spelling from side of gun) I believe it is a German pistol from WWII...my father brought it back from the war. It was described to me as a "dress" pistol?? Actually, the "claim" was that it was an SS Dress Pistol It also has a very small German "eagle" stamped on the barrel...the small portion visible where the shells eject. It also has what appears to be a custom fit holster that holds one clip...quite good condition...other than where my dad had his initials "carved" into the side of the gun.

    I have always assumed it was too short a barrel to be very accurate? Note that I have probably put maybe 20-30 rounds through it over the years and I have never worked at learning to shoot a pistol and thus I am not accurate...with any length barrel The barrel itself is about 3 7/8th inches.

    Any info on 7,65...is there another caliber equivalent? Price range?

    It is kind of like a 22LR but much "fatter"...and it is center fire.

    Would a 3 7/8th " barrel be potentially of average accuracy?...assuming it was appropriately sighted in??? Worth "learning" and practicing with?

    Thanks for any info...I am guessing this site may not be quite up there with a gun site...but probably LOTS of info held by the members Thanks TMR
    Well of the top of my head.. FNH.. is FN in Herstall Belgium.. Fabrique Nationale the old company started by John Moses Browning himself (an American of very notable accomplishments).. yes it is a model 27 in caliber .32acp.. the acp part stands for Automatic Colt Pistol. The Europeans always have a different method of describing caliber.. hence the 7.65mm probably as accurate as any pistol designed for short range defense work.. Now let me see if I can find out anything about it.
    James K0UA

    Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner NRA Life Member How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN .


  4. #4
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,892
    Location
    Arkansas!
    Tractor
    JD

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post

    Well of the top of my head.. FNH.. is FN in Herstall Belgium.. Fabrique Nationale the old company started by John Moses Browning himself (an American of very notable accomplishments).. yes it is a model 27 in caliber .32acp.. the acp part stands for Automatic Colt Pistol. The Europeans always have a different method of describing caliber.. hence the 7.65mm probably as accurate as any pistol designed for short range defense work.. Now let me see if I can find out anything about it.
    Not a FN

  5. #5
    Epic Contributor k0ua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    22,956
    Location
    Branson, Mo.
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

    Default Re: "fnh Pistole Modell 27 Kal 7,65"...any info on this gun???

    Well looks like the other poster was right, it is apparently not made by FN but by CZ in Czechoslovakia under Nazi occupation. here is a link to a thread about finishes prices and photos

    http://www.gunvaluesboard.com/how-mu....-1261564.html

    James K0UA
    James K0UA

    Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner NRA Life Member How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN .


  6. #6
    Elite Member dex3361's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,571
    Location
    N. of Charleston WV
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

    Default Re: "fnh Pistole Modell 27 Kal 7,65"...any info on this gun???

    As Dusty said its a CZ, referenced here at American Rifleman
    Randall



    1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.
    From: The HOLY BIBLE

  7. #7
    Epic Contributor k0ua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    22,956
    Location
    Branson, Mo.
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

    Default Re: "fnh Pistole Modell 27 Kal 7,65"...any info on this gun???

    Quote Originally Posted by dusty3030 View Post
    Not a FN
    Yep, shot my mouth off too fast.. before I googled.. you would THINK. FNH, meant FN de Herstal but apparently that is some kind of Nazi stamp.
    James K0UA

    Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner NRA Life Member How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN .


  8. #8
    Old Timer Soundguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    51,755
    Location
    Central florida
    Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

    Default Re: "fnh Pistole Modell 27 Kal 7,65"...any info on this gun???

    it's a cz model 27

    probably has the cz emblem right on the grips

    if in doubt.. post a pic..

    old tractors aren't the only old thing I collect..

  9. #9
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,892
    Location
    Arkansas!
    Tractor
    JD

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post

    Yep, shot my mouth off too fast.. before I googled.. you would THINK. FNH, meant FN de Herstal but apparently that is some kind of Nazi stamp.
    That's no big deal FN made a bunch of similar pistols to that.

  10. #10
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    447
    Location
    Two Harbors, MN

    Default Re: "fnh Pistole Modell 27 Kal 7,65"...any info on this gun???

    Thanks All...I should have known to google it! Seems like it was/is a pretty common gun. Re: fnh...

    "Many Model 27 pistols are marked with a German World War II code (fnh) to denote place of manufacture. These are usually inferior in workmanship and finish to those without the code marking, but are serviceable pistols."

    Looks like a reasonable gun with meaning as it was my father's brought home after the war...which also appears to have been pretty common. Thanks...TMR

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Are "Gun Control" Billionaires buying up USA Mfgrs?
    By sweettractors in forum Rural Living
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-02-2012, 12:57 AM
  2. "space gun" video game
    By Soundguy in forum Related Topics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-29-2011, 04:28 PM
  3. what gun to buy for "varmints"
    By WVBill in forum Rural Living
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 07-17-2009, 11:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2016 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.