Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3542434445464748 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Default Re: Could a Aussie tell us how your Government confiscated your guns?

Quote Originally Posted by tcartwri View Post
    Well then you should have read your own link. what a pile.

The guy served two years for repeatedly shooting the intruders as they were leaving the house, in the back. His license was suspended previously for shooting at a vehicle.

even with castle law in the states, you cannot continue to shoot someone after the threat is removed.
    No, YOU need to read the link again.. In my mind and in the minds of prosecutors where I live he was fully justified in shooting the home invaders, and he shot them while they were INSIDE the residence. It is English law that is in error here, not Mr. Martin.

English law permits one person to kill another in self-defence only if the person defending him or herself uses no more than "reasonable force"; it is the responsibility of the jury to determine whether or not an unreasonable amount of force was used.[12] The jury at the trial were told that they had the option of returning a verdict of manslaughter rather than murder, if they thought that Martin "did not intend to kill or cause serious bodily harm".[13] However, the jurors found Martin guilty of murder by a 10 to 2 majority.[14]

He was sentenced to life imprisonment, with a recommended minimum term to serve of 9 years, reduced to 8 years by the Lord Chief Justice.

Just what is reasonable force when you are shooting home invaders with 29 prior convictions in the middle of the night.?

An appeal was considered in October 2001 by three senior judges headed by Lord Woolf, LCJ. Submissions by the defence that Martin had fired in his own defence were rejected by the appeal court. On this occasion the defence also submitted evidence that Martin was diagnosed with paranoid personality disorder exacerbated by depression[15] and that his paranoia was specifically directed at anyone intruding into his home.

You darn right he was "paranoid" he had been robbed 10 times before to the tune of over $9000 of stuff from his home.

Martin was imprisoned in Highpoint Prison, Suffolk. When he became eligible for parole and early release in January 2003, the Parole Board rejected his application without stating a reason.[17] The chairman of the parole board, Sir David Hatch, in an interview with The Times described Martin as "a very dangerous man" who may still believe his action had been right.[18]

Yeah the parole board did not want to release him because he still believed he did right.... Well here is another man who believed he did right, and the scumbags he shot got what they were looking for. Back here where I live, you break into a mans home in the middle of the night, you are "paid for".
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Many

I recalled seeing something on this exact thing out in Washington State last year.

http://www.kndo.com/story/19251511/j
    http://www.columbian.com/news/2012/a...a-store-shoot/

Note that the perp was 120' outside of the store yet the inquest jury decided the defender had cause. I agree that if someone broke into this guy's store, just because the perp ran outside doesn't mean that he wasn't going to be back. Speculation in one of the searches I found on this was that this was not the guy's first unscheduled visit to that store. I am pleased that the owner was not charged since he was defending his belongings. not even defending his family, his belongings were enough. It is high time these perps are accountable.

Washington is a liberal state so this really says something about enforcing our rights to defend. Also note that the guy defended with a good old 1946 Winchester Model 12 shotgun.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    CT235

Shoot anyone in the back as they are leaving your residence or business and you had better be prepared to defend yourself in court. Texas is possibly the only place this would fly, and even there I know it has been tested for this very thing.

But if you want to test your luck based on the ignorance of the law, by all means go first.
    Tim.

Tractor
    JD 6403 CHA-JD 3130 CHA

Shoot anyone in the back as they are leaving your residence or business and you had better be prepared to defend yourself in court. Texas is possibly the only place this would fly, and even there I know it has been tested for this very thing.

But if you want to test your luck based on the ignorance of the law, by all means go first.
    In Ky, If you feel your life is in danger, you have the right to do what is necessary. A man or 2 men in my house or fleeing from my house could and probably would shoot over their shoulder or as they are climbing out the window or running across the yard. After all, I saw them and can identify them, why wouldn't they have a good motive to kill me if going or coming. Makes no difference here. Ken Sweet
    http://www.sweetfarms.com/

Sweet Farm Equipment LLC (Internet Sales, Shipping All States)
    Shipping Facility
    1815 Defries Rd., Canmer, Ky 42722 Toll Free 1-866-528-3323
    Ken Sweet sweet@scrtc.com

Shipping Example: Can ship 800 lbs from Ky. to Dallas for $165
    The Northeast shipping corridor is a little more expensive.

Tractor
    MF GC2410

Quote Originally Posted by yelbike View Post
    During war training our navy has a kill ratio 4:1 over yours. Ship on ship. Problem is your navy is more than x4 time larger.
    Do you have the facts to back that statement up? Not saying it isnt true-just wondering.
    2010 MF GC2410 TLB, 2006 Husqvarna YTH 2448, 2004 Honda Rincon 650, 2007 Honda Shadow Aero 750, 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited-Hemi.

Tractor
    2007 Kubota L3400

There are circumstances where this is fully legal.
    I can't remember the specifics, but there was a shooting in GA last year where a guy broke in, beat the homeowner then the homeowner pulled a gun from under the bed...
    the guy started to run off and a was heard by another I will find you and kill you when you least expect it... homeowner shot and killed him.. emptied a 12 gauge if I remember right...
    "A Marine is a Marine. I set that policy two weeks ago there is no such thing as a former Marine. You're a Marine, just in a different uniform and you're in a different phase of your life."
    Gen James Amos, Commandant of the Marine Corps.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor,SC CWP instructor, NRA,USPSA, Marine Corps Association, and Marine Corps League Member. I support the 2nd Amendment, don't you?

Tractor
    Many

"Shoot anyone in the back as they are leaving your residence or business and you had better be prepared to defend yourself in court."

See my post above. And that was in a liberal state. This report says the guy was shot in the back. No charges filed.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...writethru.html

Tractor
    Kubota BX2350

Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor View Post
    You confuse terrorist acts planned and executed with help of multiple people with the simple lunatic killing spree type event as recently seen in CT, CO, and VA. The single lunatics have a clear preference for easily purchased semi automatic weapons. It is the link between crazy people and these firearms that need to be interrupted.
    I don't think you get my point, dead is dead. You could just as easily say after someone commited a crime with a baseball bat that they need to break the link between lunatics and Louisville Sluggers.
    Dave,
    BX2350

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1855

Quote Originally Posted by TomSeller View Post
    Ahh yes, Katie Couric.. She is the one who interviewed Sarah Palin after Palin said she could see Russia from Alaska. Sorry, but that interview was like Dumb and Dumber, with Palin being the latter.
    Palin On Foreign Policy - YouTube
    Speaking of dumb and dumber...
    She never said that. The quote was, "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    Which if one had a clue, one would already know. Katie and apparently others, don't have a clue.
    Randy
    Southern boy and proud to tell it! Live and let live...

Tractor
    JD 6403 CHA-JD 3130 CHA

Quote Originally Posted by toppop52 View Post
    Speaking of dumb and dumber...
    She never said that. The quote was, "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    Which if one had a clue, one would already know. Katie and apparently others, don't have a clue.
    Are you talking about "Katie", from the re-elect BO network? Ken Sweet
    http://www.sweetfarms.com/

Sweet Farm Equipment LLC (Internet Sales, Shipping All States)
    Shipping Facility
    1815 Defries Rd., Canmer, Ky 42722 Toll Free 1-866-528-3323
    Ken Sweet sweet@scrtc.com

Shipping Example: Can ship 800 lbs from Ky. to Dallas for $165
    The Northeast shipping corridor is a little more expensive.

Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3542434445464748 ... LastLast