What does Copper wire sell for?... Lou

/ What does Copper wire sell for?... Lou #21  
Lou, I know it's not much consolation, but this guy got caught in Springtown, TX after stealing an electricians van and taking wire. The idiot wins the dumb criminal award because he got caught when he tried to burn off the insulation in his storage unit and somebody called the fire department. Maybe you'll get a little satisfaction out of knowing one dirtbag got caught.

/ What does Copper wire sell for?... Lou #22  
Locally the ground wires on the utility poles along the road were cut off at the ground and as high as a man could reach (8-9 ft ish). The utility company replaced the wire with shiny new wire, so I'm sure it won't last long either.

/ What does Copper wire sell for?... Lou #23  
#1 copper is close to $3/lb and #2 is $2.50is/lb so a good guess is anywhere inbetween. I just sold some copper line a month or so ago. They screwed me and I got 2 price I guess cause it was painted? I mean it was 3/8 tubeing like brake line, had about 3 lbs or so of it, found it at my farm, that I have, granddad stashed it there with some of the other old farm jusnk. I hauled it with the rest of my scrap when I hauled metal. I got about $200 for all my scrap.

/ What does Copper wire sell for?... Lou #24  
here in SC you have to get a permit to haul scrap metal, its free and you use to call to get it each time, you give name address and vehicle info. Now its yearly permits that are still free you just have to go in vs call. This most recent time I sold scrap they get my permit # and my id and have cams on the yard, they paid me on the spot with a check cause of non ferros metal. Had I had non except for cans they pay cash. In GA they made it illegal to haul in ac coils unless you have a license or a receipt for a new ac unit. The last time I sold it I burned all the wire that I pulled out when I re-wired part of my house and had other copper and AL. I did not get a permit and they paid me in cash.

/ What does Copper wire sell for?... Lou
Lou, I know it's not much consolation, but this guy got caught in Springtown, TX after stealing an electricians van and taking wire. The idiot wins the dumb criminal award because he got caught when he tried to burn off the insulation in his storage unit and somebody called the fire department. Maybe you'll get a little satisfaction out of knowing one dirtbag got caught.

lol.. thanks Jim.. but I would like to think my dirtbag was the best.. He was trained by the world greatest copper thief of all times.. I wouldn't want to think it was a simple minded azzhole like that.. this person or persons spend hours if not weeks casing the farm looking for the right time.. then out of no where.. they came, they stole.. pros.. lol.. I would like to think it was that fellow that got fried in Bay City cutting 2300 volts with a pair of cutters,, no glove.. lol Lou

here in SC you have to get a permit to haul scrap metal, its free and you use to call to get it each time, you give name address and vehicle info. Now its yearly permits that are still free you just have to go in vs call. This most recent time I sold scrap they get my permit # and my id and have cams on the yard, they paid me on the spot with a check cause of non ferros metal. Had I had non except for cans they pay cash. In GA they made it illegal to haul in ac coils unless you have a license or a receipt for a new ac unit. The last time I sold it I burned all the wire that I pulled out when I re-wired part of my house and had other copper and AL. I did not get a permit and they paid me in cash.

Tell you what Clem I don't think you have to do anything here.. just show up with the copper.. I maybe wrong.. but it is bad here with all the stealing.. lot of it from the churchs with their air conditioner being pulled out along with all the wiring.. Lou

/ What does Copper wire sell for?... Lou #27  
Had two guys I work with today say they had t shirts and underwear stolen from crack heads. I would think the copper wire would pay off way better

/ What does Copper wire sell for?... Lou #28  
Your co workers had shirts in thier posetion that "were stollen from crackheads" or stolen by crackheads? I think the latter is ture!

Had two guys I work with today say they had t shirts and underwear stolen from crack heads. I would think the copper wire would pay off way better

lol..that funny,, thanks for smile.. Lou

/ What does Copper wire sell for?... Lou #30  
Didn't Eddie have some wire stolen from his place many years ago in the same way? Hook up a truck to the power line and pull...

Later,
Dan