Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota 7510 and B3200

Default Re: Cell Phone Signal Booster

Quote Originally Posted by clemsonfor View Post
    I went to the site, put in my town and see nothing, well thought it was cause regardless of carrier there is no signal at the house. So i clicked on your picture,... where are the towers adn coverage in the area posted i see nothing but a map?
    I typed in Greenewood SC. Am I at the right place? The red dots are cell tower locations. Filter them for a specific cell service provider by checking the provider along the top. Cell phone signals are affected by obstructions. Mountains, trees, buildings. Building materials can affect your signal as well. Metal roofing, metal studs. The new roof decking with heat shield material applied. In order for the booster to do some good you have to locate it where there is some kind of signal. In the flat land where I live a viable signal can only reach out about 21 miles.

-greenewood-jpg
    Caution: Some of my posts may be politically incorrect.
    Kubota B7510 & B3200

Tractor
    Kubota

Advertisement? First post touting a certain brand after it was just recommended?

I smell sales rep, internet media guy?
    I've been reading these forums for a while. This was the first post where I felt I could offer some feedback since I've used products that would help the OP. It's really nothing more than that unfortunately.

Tractor
    Kubota

Quote Originally Posted by Tractor Seabee View Post
    That network extender I mentioned does exactly that. Puts a 5,000' radius cell tgower on your property. It is password protected also.
    The Verizon network extender website says it covers up to 5,000 sq ft which is about a 40' radius, not 5,000 ft. Or is there a different product that you have?

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

Quote Originally Posted by Cagley View Post
    I've been reading these forums for a while. This was the first post where I felt I could offer some feedback since I've used products that would help the OP. It's really nothing more than that unfortunately.
    OK sorry, you may really like you say be genuine, but 99% of the time when something like this comes up its a certain company media guy that advertises or trashes another company, poseing as a legit poster.
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

Quote Originally Posted by wcampbell47 View Post
    I typed in Greenewood SC. Am I at the right place? The red dots are cell tower locations. Filter them for a specific cell service provider by checking the provider along the top. Cell phone signals are affected by obstructions. Mountains, trees, buildings. Building materials can affect your signal as well. Metal roofing, metal studs. The new roof decking with heat shield material applied. In order for the booster to do some good you have to locate it where there is some kind of signal. In the flat land where I live a viable signal can only reach out about 21 miles.

-greenewood-jpg
    Yep you are correct in the place, i guess i missed those things on your post? My location is actually 3ish miles southwest of that farthest southwest tower, not even on this map.
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

And here is a link to my map of my zip, filtered i think for verizon...
    Bradley Cell Towers and Coverage Maps - CellReception.com

It shows no towers even in greenwood, which i know there is cause there is a verizon store there in town so there is some towers there?

My personal cell is alltell, which is very limited maybe half the calls will go through at my house that call me and ones i make maybe 25% can connect allthouth you cant really hear anything, and texts take forever to send. Verizon is worse, basiclly zero signal and att about the same and no one else has a bit of signal.

Tractor
    Kubota

OK sorry, you may really like you say be genuine, but 99% of the time when something like this comes up its a certain company media guy that advertises or trashes another company, poseing as a legit poster.
    No need to apologize, I can certainly see that happening. I guess these days, it's better to assume the worst when reading things online.

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

There was a hilarious string of them in the trailer section. One guy complained about X brand of trailer and then another said something then all of a sudden for a week or 2 there kept poping up a person saying how great brand X was then a reply of a person saying how cheap they trailer X was, then another praise. It was like damage control overload for the company then a competitor slamming them again. I pointed it out many times as did others and it continued for a few more posts weeks later!

Tractor
    Kubota

There was a hilarious string of them in the trailer section. One guy complained about X brand of trailer and then another said something then all of a sudden for a week or 2 there kept poping up a person saying how great brand X was then a reply of a person saying how cheap they trailer X was, then another praise. It was like damage control overload for the company then a competitor slamming them again. I pointed it out many times as did others and it continued for a few more posts weeks later!
    Ha, that sounds amazing and terrible at the same time! Sorry to the original poster that we've gotten a bit off topic

Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

I was just at Verizon today asking about the boosters.

They say it will work only if you have internet already and can connect the booster to the cable box, and essentially re-transmit the signal. The higher you can get the transmitter, the more range you have. It's been 53 years since I had wave guide theory. Line of sight ,correct.

Is it also true the higher you place the Mifi the better signal you will have.

Cost is $199. for the booster
    J.J.

When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

Git er done.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast