Workin the Wheel Horse on the the pond

/ Workin the Wheel Horse on the the pond #1  

hitts427

Bronze Member
Tractor
kioti lk 3054
Puttin the Wheel Horse to work.Or playin with the Wheel Horse.Cleaned the pond off to get ready for ice skating with the Grandkids Sunday pond.jpgpond2.jpgpond3.jpg

/ Workin the Wheel Horse on the the pond #3  
Can I bring my grandkids, neighbor? :eek: I barely walked on what little ice we had in the 'valley' last winter, ... twice was it?

btw: Congrats on getting kids outside when they're not barefoot & barely dressed. (OK, I'm old-fashioned and don't see that so much nowadays....)

/ Workin the Wheel Horse on the the pond
Thanks the old grind,and yes there is always room for more kids.My grandkids are outside a lot in the winter.Got them a snowmobile that we put a mile on last year:mad:.We probably put 10 on this year.And yes the pond never did freeze enough last year to go ice skating.

/ Workin the Wheel Horse on the the pond #5  
Nice old horse. Probably not the best location for a quick sale though - JK

Is that a C-120? I see it has hydraulic lift nice for scraping the ice. Love the horse's!

lol on the not the best location.I was getting it ready to take to the road but ran it back to the pond first to clean it off.It's a c-160 hydo.Been a great tractor but down sizing.I still have a 520 and an gt-1848.I'm mowing about 15 acres now and I picked up an old Hustler Excell with a 72 in deck.Also have a Kioti with a 72 in finish mower.The Wheel Horses are used mostly for the ditch banks pulling Jacobsen sweeper and snow duty.Can't believe the difference a zero turn has done to cut hours off from my mowing.

/ Workin the Wheel Horse on the the pond #7  
my grandfather had an old Wheelhorse similar to that. It lasted for years, tough "metal" built. It finally died so he bought a new Wheelhorse. No comparison on how they built those old ones. Didn't last long either...

Yup hard to beat the old iron

/ Workin the Wheel Horse on the the pond #9  
lol on the not the best location.I was getting it ready to take to the road but ran it back to the pond first to clean it off.It's a c-160 hydo.Been a great tractor but down sizing.I still have a 520 and an gt-1848.I'm mowing about 15 acres now and I picked up an old Hustler Excell with a 72 in deck.Also have a Kioti with a 72 in finish mower.The Wheel Horses are used mostly for the ditch banks pulling Jacobsen sweeper and snow duty.Can't believe the difference a zero turn has done to cut hours off from my mowing.

Yup these old garden tractors can't compete for time efficiency and the maneuverability of the zero turns. But I still use a 314-8 as my main mower. I have a C-160 hydro and a C-160 8 speed. The C-160 was the best Wheel Horse made IMO.
Here is the hydro with a 44 inch 2 stage blower.
c-160 w 2 stage 5.jpg
c-160 w 2 stage 1.jpg
And the C-160-8
photo 3.JPG

Last edited:
I want a two stage blower!!Have you used a single stage blower?Just wonder how the two stage compares to my single.Haven't heard of a c-180 though.