Should have used hollow points!

/ Should have used hollow points! #11  
In Canada or England she'd be going to jail.

doubtful..
In Canada or England she'd be in the hospital or the morgue...
she could have been raped, or killed..

I am guessing that in Canada and England a hospital or morgue is acceptable.....

/ Should have used hollow points! #13  
What is interesting is that every month in the NRA magazines there are from 6 to 8 Armed citizens accounts like this with the dates and newspapers listed that the incident appeared in. Many end with out anyone being injured, but some end up with a shootout, and some dead and injured perps usually. Occasionally the good guys are injured too, either from gunfire, or sometimes by the beating they were getting before they could get to their guns.

James K0UA

/ Should have used hollow points! #14  
EXACTLY.. THEY SHOULD cover this one...
BUT it does not fit their agenda....

There sure has been a lack of coverage on this story. I saw it on a blog a few days ago but have not seen anything about it on several mainstream news sites or network news shows.

Here is an interesting post regarding the story over at Legal Insurrection by Anne Surrock:
"A Loganville, Georgia, woman who fled to her attic with her children to escape an intruder successfully defended herself after shooting him with her revolver. The man, who had pried open her front door while she was home alone with her two children, was in the process of searching her home room by room until he finally came upon her and her children in the attic, at which point, the mother shot him in the face and neck, emptying her six-round revolver. The man who had broken into the home, Paul Ali Slater, fled in his car but collapsed a short distance away and was arrested by local authorities.

The story has been completed ignored by national media. The only non-local source that had covered the story, reported by the Atlanta Journal Constitution this past Friday, has been from another country: Britain’s Daily Mail. A slew of local outlets picked up on the AJC’s story covered it, including*WSB-TV*in Georgia, a local FOX affiliate in North Carolina. By Sunday morning, FOX news national published the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s January 4 writeup*on their site.

It took a foreign newspaper and Facebook to bring news relevant to the gun-control debate to my attention. The institutional news media is getting beaten to stories and news. So long as information flows freely, their irrelevancy will be assured."

I do wish most of the current main stream media would become irrelevant but it doesn't look like that will happen soon enough.

/ Should have used hollow points! #15  
I have a book someone in the house called The Happy Handgunner that discusses the wrong rounds and the assortment loading. Interesting reading for me. Happy Handgunner

/ Should have used hollow points! #17  
Do you have a source for that? Everything I have seen says head and neck area.

The link above had this info Mace... I thought the same and then re-read this link...

/ Should have used hollow points! #18  
I have a book someone in the house called The Happy Handgunner that discusses the wrong rounds and the assortment loading. Interesting reading for me. Happy Handgunner

Don't mean to highjack the thread but:
Have you read any of his other books.
Just wondering if they are worth a read!
They look interesting.

/ Should have used hollow points! #19  
In Canada or England she'd be going to jail.
Maybe in England since they have no violence there so no one needs a gun. In England would have been burying the woman and wondering what happened.
Canada, possibly not. They are more tolerant of gun ownership there as most households have guns there albeit hunting weapons mostly, especially in Western provinces but it is not illegal to own guns there.

/ Should have used hollow points! #20  
Do you have a source for that? Everything I have seen says head and neck area.
It is in the original story just above the husband's picture.
"Slater who was taken to the hospital with punctured lungs, a punctured liver, and a punctured stomach has reportedly been arrested six times since 2008."