Should have used hollow points!

/ Should have used hollow points! #21  
The link above had this info Mace... I thought the same and then re-read this link...

It is in the original story just above the husband's picture.
"Slater who was taken to the hospital with punctured lungs, a punctured liver, and a punctured stomach has reportedly been arrested six times since 2008."

Yes it is! :eek:

Now who would have thought I needed stronger glasses?

/ Should have used hollow points! #23  
What is interesting is that every month in the NRA magazines there are from 6 to 8 Armed citizens accounts like this with the dates and newspapers listed that the incident appeared in. Many end with out anyone being injured, but some end up with a shootout, and some dead and injured perps usually. Occasionally the good guys are injured too, either from gunfire, or sometimes by the beating they were getting before they could get to their guns.

James K0UA

That is the section of the magazine I look forward to reading the most.

/ Should have used hollow points! #24  
And now after he recovers from his wounds, and in prison, will he sue her for harming him?

I doubt it...the law is on her side. While we do see crazy lawsuits like that from time to time it certainly isn't the norm.

But you do bring up a good point of the possible aftermath of such a self defense act. If you do act in a manner that is not quite within the law you can be up for criminal and civil litigation. Know the laws!

And what impact did this have on the children witnessing this? Maybe minimal to none but you never know, and all due to a lowly scumbag with a long history of crime. I hope the twins are ok and from what I can tell of the family, they will get any support they might need. And I hope the mother doesn't carry this this with her as a mental burdon with increased fear or anxieties. I hope she feels like the hero that we, and her husband, know she is!

/ Should have used hollow points! #25  
Children are very resilient. Those twins will probably go back to school with a "My mom can shoot your but so don't mess with me attitude.

/ Should have used hollow points! #26  
Children are very resilient. Those twins will probably go back to school with a "My mom can shoot your but so don't mess with me attitude.
:) True

/ Should have used hollow points! #27  
In Canada or England she'd be going to jail.

Also in the People's Republik of Maryland, one of the most criminal (PC version: socio-economically challenged and disadvantaged individuals) friendly states in the country. Time and time again in the the Republik, citizens defend themselves or their loved ones against evil and then face criminal prosecution and/or civil suites, while the socio-economically challenged and disadvantaged individuals remain free and clear, and in many instances, profit from their actions.

Dave

/ Should have used hollow points! #28  
That's a good woman!

I hope her hubby is proud of her.

David

Even if he hasn't said so I'm sure he is and a lot of others with him.
Funny thing, I've heard stories about a couple of the ladies and their guns in our little valley. And there are not many salesman going door to door around here either. Correlation?

/ Should have used hollow points! #29  
EXACTLY.. THEY SHOULD cover this one...
BUT it does not fit their agenda....

Actually it does...sorta. It will be included in the "Homicide by gun" statistics and they will do their best to ignore "Justified" attached to it.

It will come out as just another Death by Evil Gun.
Harry K

/ Should have used hollow points! #30  
I hope she and her children are OK emotionally and remain that way inn the long run. Contrary to many anti-gun people, no one wants to shoot anyone and there is no joy afterwards. It can be and often is very traumatic; problems are often delayed and come on much later.

I am glad the results were in her favor, I just hate that she was put in this position.