Should have used hollow points!

/ Should have used hollow points! #31  
here in Canada we are allowed by the our extremely kind and benivalent government:thumbdown: to own rifles and shotguns for hunting and targets, handguns are only allowed for target shooting. And untill you are in a area that legally allows you to use a firearm they must be locked up (rifles and shotguns in a safe or locking case with a trigger lock on and hand guns as well as prohibited firearms must be trigger locked as well as in a locked case or safe). Some rifles and shotguns fall into the prohibited catagory and must be stored as a hand gun.
So, if a person shoots an intruder here, keep your mouth shut and get rid of the body or you will be moveing to prison for a very long time:thumbdown:

/ Should have used hollow points! #32  
Maybe in England since they have no violence there so no one needs a gun. In England would have been burying the woman and wondering what happened.
Canada, possibly not. They are more tolerant of gun ownership there as most households have guns there albeit hunting weapons mostly, especially in Western provinces but it is not illegal to own guns there.

All guns in Canada are very tightly regulated. Long gun ownership in rural areas is fairly common.

Handguns are severely restricted, civilian ownership is relatively rare. AFAIK, the only reason a legal handgun owner here can have one in his car is if he is transporting it (unloaded and in a locked case) directly to and from a recognized gun range. Directly as in - no stops for groceries, deviating your route to run other errands, etc. Enforcement is strict enough that if I held such a license, I would follow the exact wording of the legislation here.

From a home-defense standpoint here (legally speaking) you'd be better off defending yourself with a running chainsaw, than a rare but legally registered handgun.

Most cases of extreme violence in a residential setting here are either domestic related (parties know each other), or drug/gang related violence.

The scumbags here don't pay much attention to our extensive legislation, same as anywhere else.

Fortunately, random home invasion violence is pretty rare here. But, not unheard of.

My thoughts are with the brave lady, and her little kids that had to go through this.

Rgds, D.

Rgds,

/ Should have used hollow points! #33  
Accidental Deaths A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.
(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171 Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Now think about this: Guns (A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000. (Yes, that's 80 million)
(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.
(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .0000188 Statistics courtesy of FBI >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.' >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT Almost everyone has at least one doctor. This means you are over 9,000 times more likely to be killed by a doctor as by a gun owner!!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Out of concern for the public at large, We withheld thestatistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical help

Someone sent me this don't know how accurate but food for thought

Wayne

/ Should have used hollow points! #34  
   / Should have used hollow points! #35  
Interesting story to read in Massachusetts, wife went into house to grab a handgun to dispatch the Bobcat. Humn, wonder how this could have played out if all she could do is call 911? Wonder if the authorities will charge him for discharging a firearm in the city?
DevilDog
'It gave me a bear hug': Bobcat attacks Massachusetts family - U.S. News

In Africa the Professional Hunters, have a little informal club called the "Chewed by Chui" Club.. Chui being the local name for a Leopard. Anyone that has survived a Leopard attack is an automatic member. Now a Bobcat is no Leopard, but still the kitty chewed on him some. Maybe he should check for a Chewed by Bobby club:D:D

James K0UA

/ Should have used hollow points! #36  
In Africa the Professional Hunters, have a little informal club called the "Chewed by Chui" Club.. Chui being the local name for a Leopard. Anyone that has survived a Leopard attack is an automatic member. Now a Bobcat is no Leopard, but still the kitty chewed on him some. Maybe he should check for a Chewed by Bobby club:D:D

James K0UA

Somehow I dont think that the guy will see that as humorous....

/ Should have used hollow points! #37  
Somehow I dont think that the guy will see that as humorous....

well it isn't very funny, of course the guy was fighting for his life, but the good news is he prevailed. In the Chewed by Chui Club it is
considered to be quite an honor to be a member and a survivor.

/ Should have used hollow points! #38  
Accidental Deaths A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.
(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171 Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Now think about this: Guns (A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000. (Yes, that's 80 million)
(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.
(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .0000188 Statistics courtesy of FBI >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.' >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT Almost everyone has at least one doctor. This means you are over 9,000 times more likely to be killed by a doctor as by a gun owner!!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Out of concern for the public at large, We withheld thestatistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical help

Someone sent me this don't know how accurate but food for thought

Wayne

You can prove just about anything with statistics. Not sure about the US numbers, but here in Canada way more people get killed in vehicle accidents than by guns.

Clearly, we need to outlaw vehicles.

Future..... I'm getting a vision of horse'n'buggies lined up for the Tim Horton's drive-thru...... :rolleyes:

Rgds, D.

/ Should have used hollow points! #39  
You can prove just about anything with statistics. Not sure about the US numbers, but here in Canada way more people get killed in vehicle accidents than by guns.

Clearly, we need to outlaw vehicles.

Future..... I'm getting a vision of horse'n'buggies lined up for the Tim Horton's drive-thru...... :rolleyes:

Rgds, D.

Tim Hortons!!!
I had a co worker convinced that was a high end steak house on my last visit!! Too funny !!!

/ Should have used hollow points! #40  
Tim Hortons!!!
I had a co worker convinced that was a high end steak house on my last visit!! Too funny !!!

I was in Upstate NY last week - Tim's seems to be getting pretty common there - Resistance is Futile ! :laughing:

I can't do roadtrips w/o coffee, so I'm glad they are around. But, I'm not Tim's biggest fan - coffee is consistent, but somewhat mediocre. Baked goods..... look up par-baked, and decide for yourself :mad:

They make a reasonable sandwich, and I get a chili once in a while.

The drive thru cracks me up. People always complain about gas prices, (pushing $1.50/L in Vancouver), but you'll still see 30 cars lined up in the drive-thru ! If cars suddenly disappeared, I honestly expect to see 30 buggies lined up instead ! :rolleyes:

Back closer to topic..... things aren't perfect here, I won't be surprised to see a tragic follow-up headline to this:

Kayla Bourque: B.C. Corrections warns violent, female offender plans to live in Vancouver - Yahoo! News Canada

Rgds, D.