Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD 770, Yanmar 180D, JD 420 (not running), had a Kubota B6200

Default Re: Should have used hollow points!

I think she will carry this with her for a long time. We had a drive by shooting at our house in 1964, two of my family members were hit. they missed me (it was a stupid thing those kids did, not a drug or gang thing--we were totally innocent). In 1978 we built a house that also had a large front window facing the street. It was probably 10 years before I was comfortable in the living room with the curtains open after dark--24 years after the shooting.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    265 MF / JD 310B Backhoe

Quote Originally Posted by vtsnowedin View Post
    She got him in both the lungs and the liver!!! He should be dead and she needs better ammo.
    That was what I was thinking. I think with 22 HP with 5 shots into head and chest should have made him dead.

Bronze Member

I saw on the news yesterday morning, a farmer, who had already had problems with equipment theft from his land, happened to be out walking one of his access roads with his mother, whilst carrying his 12 bore shotgun.
    He came across a van, being loaded up with equipment &2 guys.
    1 guy ran off, but the other tried to run him & his mother over. He knocked the mother down, reversed & was trying again for the farmer so the farmer shout out the windscreen, at the empty passenger side.
    Police investigated & locked up the farmer & his mother for 24 hours whilst investigating then about 6 months of more investigations too!
    The thief? He got a £100 fine!
    Ridiculous the way things work here!
    I think the best method would have been what you guys say - shoot, bury, shut up!

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by geko View Post
    I saw on the news yesterday morning, a farmer, who had already had problems with equipment theft from his land, happened to be out walking one of his access roads with his mother, whilst carrying his 12 bore shotgun.
    1 guy ran off, but the other tried to run him & his mother over. He knocked the mother down, reversed & was trying again for the farmer so the farmer shout out the windscreen, at the empty passenger side.
    Police investigated & locked up the farmer & his mother for 24 hours whilst investigating then about 6 months of more investigations too!
    I think the best method would have been what you guys say - shoot, bury, shut up!
    Are you saying that the Thief who committed what we call over here Felonious Assault with a Motor Vehicle. got a 100 pound fine ? by the way that is about $160 for those of us conversion challenged. Back where I live that is a felony and would have resulted in many years in prison, depending on if anyone was killed or not, but even if no death, it is a very serious charge. You all have really got things messed up over there.

James K0UA
    James KōUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    2007 Kubota L3400

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Are you saying that the Thief who committed what we call over here Felonious Assault with a Motor Vehicle. got a 100 pound fine ? by the way that is about $160 for those of us conversion challenged. Back where I live that is a felony and would have resulted in many years in prison, depending on if anyone was killed or not, but even if no death, it is a very serious charge. You all have really got things messed up over there.

James K0UA
    James,
    I agree with that being messed up.... but we have some of our own messes......
    Just saying...
    "A Marine is a Marine. I set that policy two weeks ago there is no such thing as a former Marine. You're a Marine, just in a different uniform and you're in a different phase of your life."
    Gen James Amos, Commandant of the Marine Corps.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor,SC CWP instructor, NRA,USPSA, Marine Corps Association, and Marine Corps League Member. I support the 2nd Amendment, don't you?

Texas - from the brush and pear to the piney woods
    Tractor
    John Deere 110 TLB

Quote Originally Posted by geko View Post
    Sounds like the kind of stuff we'd wind up with if Obama and the liberals have their way.

Take the assault on the Second Amendment seriously. No more laws restricting the right to bear arms.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    265 MF / JD 310B Backhoe

Elite Member
    Tractor
    265 MF / JD 310B Backhoe

Forget the hollow points this is what I want.

BBC News - Rheinmetall demos laser that can shoot down drones

In 1938 the German government under the Nazis and Hitler passed a law that outlawed Jewish ownership of guns. By 1941 Auschwitz and the other death camps were in full operation exterminating six to eleven million Jews and other enemies of the state.
    Where will you be in 2016?

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 750, John Deere X540, Wallenstein BXMT3213 chipper shredder, Befco bush hog

Quote Originally Posted by two_bit_score View Post
    There sure has been a lack of coverage on this story. I saw it on a blog a few days ago but have not seen anything about it on several mainstream news sites or network news shows.
    Channel 9 11 O'clock News in DC (CBS) just covered this story tonight. Better late than never I guess.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast