Should have used hollow points!

/ Should have used hollow points! #52  
Maybe she lives in New Jersey! Hollow Points are outlawed there. What a joke!

Hydro shocks are OK but I don't worry about over penetration. If I lived in a house full of children, perhaps that would be my first priority and I would go for Hydros. You want at least 12 inches of penetration to the vital organs and hollow points produce a wider cavity which causes more damage and more bleeding resulting in quicker knock down.
A FMJ can go in one side and out the other without causing enough damage to stop them cold. That is why choosing a Hollow Point the correct weight for the gun is critical. 165 to 180 grain in a .40 cal will give the best penetration.
Even the .240 grain in a .45 will expand and the weight gives the needed penetration. I do not believe in the super high speed light weight ammo. There is no shock effect with handgun calibers. Rifles are another story. And in self defense you are up close and personal so bullet tumbling is out of the question.

/ Should have used hollow points! #53  
   / Should have used hollow points! #55  
Play this one. where a shopkeeper fended off an armed (with a handgun) robber with a stick.. and the shopkeeper is worried he will be prosecuted for injuring the armed robber by the court system.. now that is messed up. This is where we in the US are headed people. This is our future if we let it happen.

BBC News - Shopkeeper on self-defence fears

Agreed. Like a junior high student that finally gets fed up and cleans the bully's clock. No one should EVER be afraid to defend themselves against evil with whatever force is deemed necessary to stop the attack. We're not children.

/ Should have used hollow points! #56  
You can prove just about anything with statistics. Not sure about the US numbers, but here in Canada way more people get killed in vehicle accidents than by guns.

Clearly, we need to outlaw vehicles.

Future..... I'm getting a vision of horse'n'buggies lined up for the Tim Horton's drive-thru...... :rolleyes:

Rgds, D.

The rate of death by runaway back then was fairly high. They'll have to ban horses.

Harry K

/ Should have used hollow points! #57  
I am just seeing this now, I had not seen it on the news at all. Good for her, she defended her family. She should have used the guy's own crowbar on him if she ran out of bullets. He was obviously a threat and her life was in danger as were her kid's lives. This idea that the perp has any rights after breaking into her home is nuts. I didn't see that she called 911 to cover her bases?

/ Should have used hollow points! #58  
I have to say after all these years I did not grasp how little damage a .38 may do point blank range if not using hollow point ammo.

/ Should have used hollow points! #59  
Hoax... perpetrated by the NRA.

Good for Her.

/ Should have used hollow points! #60  
Her HUSBAND had called 911 from another city....the wife had called him first. He had two phones and was relaying the shooting to the 911 operator.....
Did you say hollow points were ILLEGLE?????? That's crazy. Somebody tell me what hydrashocks are? I use HP's for everything, home and hunting. :eek: