Should have used hollow points!

/ Should have used hollow points! #71  
what do you know the pic they used of him is a police mugshot, not some pic of him in a hospital bed or in the ambulance, wonder if he is a repeat offender???

Yes per the first article that I read. Some of the comments thought he might get life out of this due to history but again that was web info. :)

/ Should have used hollow points! #72  
The Georgia shooting finally made it to CNN's website:

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
there almost a week late!

I am just seeing this now, I had not seen it on the news at all. Good for her, she defended her family. She should have used the guy's own crowbar on him if she ran out of bullets. He was obviously a threat and her life was in danger as were her kid's lives. This idea that the perp has any rights after breaking into her home is nuts. I didn't see that she called 911 to cover her bases?

her husband called them

/ Should have used hollow points! #73  
My research on this indicates you cannot possess the hollow point bullets outside of your home or other property. There are some weasel words in the law that you can use them at a range, but just how you transport them legally is in question. It also says in the law "bullet" not cartridge.. so it is the bullet itself that is evil. Best answer is don't ever go to New Jersey with anything gun related as they are all bat crap anti-gun crazy up there. Any state that would actually write a law against the possession of hollow point defensive ammunition is in my book bat crap crazy and should be avoided. Hollow point ammunition is far less dangerous to bystanders than using Full Metal Jacketed ammo as an example. But they are either too rabid anti gun, anti self defense or just plain too stupid to realize that. So yes Hollow points are illegal in New Jersey as a practical matter.

James K0UA
I agree what the libs are scared of is FMJ or armor piercing. NOw a .38 or .45 or .40 is not armor piercing with fmj but that's the way the media lists it, they thing FMj 223 and 7.62x39 should be illegal?? I got some 7.62 soft points and they don't reliably feed from at least one of my mags that feeds fmj flawlessly as that's what it was designed to shoot.That and none of the mags or guns are identical.

/ Should have used hollow points! #74  
   / Should have used hollow points! #77  
It will be a hard case to even try to defend if the mom is on the stand crying and telling of her fear for her babies, etc.

It was several days ago but it seems like the comments on that source was thinking his past time plus this serious case would likely lead to life without parole, etc.

/ Should have used hollow points! #78  
This is why my 9mm is loaded and in the bedstand, for me or the wife. She does not want to kill anything, but if were so lucky in life (been dealt some tough cards) to be able to have a child she will stop at nothing to protect him/her. I have even been teaching her to use the shotgun as well so that if she needs to pull it out of the safe it is there preloaded and ready to go.