Improving Circulation/heating in house

/ Improving Circulation/heating in house #21  
Keeping the baby warm is not doing it any favors. It has long been known that periodic cooling increases intelligence and emotional stability in infants. Putting the child down in a cool room is actually very good for it.

/ Improving Circulation/heating in house #22  
If your heat rarely kicks on this is really an ineffecient way to distribute the heat as you have to heat up your ducts before you will get the full benefit of the heat, also there is a good bit of loss because the ducts often run in unheated areas, ie the crawl or attic space. trust me i and many over at hearth.com have tried this as well as discussed it.

The heat won't kick on if you get a good fire going. That's my point.

/ Improving Circulation/heating in house
Keeping the baby warm is not doing it any favors. It has long been known that periodic cooling increases intelligence and emotional stability in infants. Putting the child down in a cool room is actually very good for it.

A quick google didn't show up anything like this, but it could have just been lost in the noise. Tons of results for people asking and saying what they do regarding baby room temps. Know of a source for this that I could lookup to get more info?

Keith

/ Improving Circulation/heating in house #24  
We prefer our bedrooms cool (mid 60s). Your body temps drops when you sleep and I find we get a better sleep in a cool room.
My house has R22 in the walls and R53 in the ceiling and we still set things up for a cool place to sleep. If I don't get it right, a bedroom window gets opened. :)
Our kids grew up sleeping in cool rooms since they were babies.

/ Improving Circulation/heating in house #25  
I have the same type problem and am thinking about installing a thru wall fan above my door since the air is warmer @ the ceiling.

/ Improving Circulation/heating in house #27  
That's the point to using wood heat isn't it?:confused2: My goal is to not let the heat kick in!!

And that's how you get cold rooms :confused2::eek:

/ Improving Circulation/heating in house #28  
And that's how you get cold rooms :confused2::eek:

It isn't using wood heating that contributes to cold rooms... the problem is that the wood heating appliance is not feeding ALL of it's heat into the central air distribution system.
The room containing the stove/fireplace and those rooms close will get heat from that source directly, not just thru the ductwork.

/ Improving Circulation/heating in house #29  
USE fans like I said!! I can heat my 2500sqft uninsulated home with wood, granted I live in SC and cold night are in the 20s but with 3 small fans on low I can heat the rooms within 15F of each other or so. The stove is on 1 side of the house I have 9 rooms and 2 hallways.