Orlando Couple Cited for growing Veggies in front yard!

/ Orlando Couple Cited for growing Veggies in front yard! #2  
I read that story a while back, it is ridiculous.

The whole manicured lawn culture is ridiculous. An un-natural mono-culture made possible by poisoning the land you live on and work that produces nothing - not smart.

/ Orlando Couple Cited for growing Veggies in front yard! #3  
You're braver than me dave. There are crazies around that would kill for implying having a mono-culture of green blades is anything but the only path to enlightenment.

/ Orlando Couple Cited for growing Veggies in front yard! #4  
You're braver than me dave. There are crazies around that would kill for implying having a mono-culture of green blades is anything but the only path to enlightenment.

Ha! I am sure in the distant future, archaeologists will be digging down through our layer of civilization trying to figure out what God of Grass was being worshiped, and why we made poisonous offerings to our God. They will eventually identify us as the "mowing culture." :laughing:

/ Orlando Couple Cited for growing Veggies in front yard! #5  
I've always thought encouraging, watering, and fertilizing grass to grow into a lush lawn was foolish. This just translates into more work with the lawn mower. Weeds, clover, any kind of grasses whatever; as long as it keeps the mud at bay ,I'm OK with it. I like the veggie garden idea.

/ Orlando Couple Cited for growing Veggies in front yard! #6  
Mickey Mouse is on a much higher level than some of the crazy rules of today's society.

/ Orlando Couple Cited for growing Veggies in front yard! #7  
This is just nuts. I support the Idea of planting food corps anywhere on your property that you can. They should be held up as a good example of whats right. Not sued by a "green city".

/ Orlando Couple Cited for growing Veggies in front yard! #8  
I don't fit in with the green lawn crowd either. Let me see, you get green lawns when you use that weed & feed stuff and water it, right? I never figured out why people water lawns, it just makes the grass grow, Then you have to mow it. My contribution to the environment is to not water my lawn, not use weed & feed and not burn gasoline mowing all summer. What a concept.