Gold Member

Default Why would you support anything Indonesian after this cattle cruelty??

Anger over photos of Indonesian cattle cruelty - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

This is just a taste of their treatment of cattle. Australia has already had problems of Indonesian cruelty to animals.

Weedpharma
    There are 10 types of people who understand binary, those who do and those who don't.

Veteran Member

Default Re: Why would you support anything Indonesian after this cattle cruelty??

How long has it been since those cows have eaten anything? The ones standing look like skin and bones, worse than the ones hanging. Why would anyone handle cattle like that? I don't dare show those to my wife. She and son have about 60 head of cattle and hers are pampered. These people should never be allowed around animals, that's absolutely deplorable.
    '11 John Deere 5065M /cab
    '10 Kubota L3940 w/FEL
    '09 JD X720
    '91 CaseIH 5140 Maxxum w/cab
    '78 IH 686 w/M&W Turbo 106 PTO hp w/canopy

Tractor
    Many

That is plain wrong.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Default Re: Why would you support anything Indonesian after this cattle cruelty??

Rest assured that I'm not an avid fan of PETA, but I find that type of behavior to be "Unconscionable". Here's another Link. PM - ABC investigation uncovers more unethical slaughterhouses in Indonesia 07/06/2011
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Tractor
    Kubota B1550HSD

Sadly things will probably only get worse for those cattle. '4 Corners' last year aired a 1 hour show about how these poor animals are slaughtered. The cruelty was almost beyond belief. It led to a huge public outcry and the Government briefly banned live exports. Of course the cattle industry kicked up, made all sorts of promises, threats, and predictions of doom, and got the ban lifted. I for one felt the ban should have stayed in place for ever, regardless of how many cattle barons went broke.

If you can stomach it, part of the program is here.

ABC Four Corners - Animal Cruelty in Halal Meat Production in Indonesia - YouTube

For me the most 'unforgettable' segment in the 1 hour show (not in the Youtube clip) was a scene of cattle in a queue slowly heading towards the slaughterman. They could actually see the cruel horror ahead of them. The camera lingered on one poor beast that was shaking so much in fear it could barely stand up. All I could think of was 'You poor, poor thing'. After seeing that, you'd never doubt that animals have feelings.
    Last edited by alchemysa; 01-11-2013 at 02:05 AM.

TIME IS RUTHLESS.

Gold Member

Unfortunately this sort of cruelty does not seem to be a problem to Indonesia. What they did to East Timor put me right off any thought of buying anything from there or ever going to Bali.

Please bring this cruelty to the notice of others. It is only public censure that can have any effect on this sort of activity.

Weedpharma
    Last edited by weedpharma; 01-11-2013 at 03:02 AM. Reason: spelling
    There are 10 types of people who understand binary, those who do and those who don't.

I have always thought that you can judge a man's character by his treatment of his animals.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Canute View Post
    I have always thought that you can judge a man's character by his treatment of his animals.
    I agree 100%.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.