New S2230-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Licensure, suspension and revocation of

/ New S2230-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Licensure, suspension and revocation of
Here is The Long list of banned weapon's in N.Y.S. Effective as of Now! A box of bird shot or box of .22 shorts require a back ground check. :confused3:
DevilDog

New York State SAFE Act

Last edited:
   / New S2230-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Licensure, suspension and revocation of #22  
I'm glad the leaders in my State Reject his proposals.If others do the same , he won't get his way

/ New S2230-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Licensure, suspension and revocation of #23  
Although it is a shame, it seems like a person could strategically place a rivet in a standard 10+ shot magazine that would stop the follower at 7 rounds. And I suppose that same rivet could be removed, inspected and replaced periodically to be sure it isn't wearing out or anything........

/ New S2230-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Licensure, suspension and revocation of #24  
   / New S2230-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Licensure, suspension and revocation of #26  
Here is The Long list of banned weapon's in N.Y.S. Effective as of Now! A box of bird shot or box of .22 shorts require a back ground check. :confused3:
DevilDog

New York State SAFE Act

And in reality it won't keep anyone safe from anything.

/ New S2230-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Licensure, suspension and revocation of #27  
Saw this interesting article.

NEW YORK (WABC) -- A troubling oversight has been found within New York State's sweeping new gun laws.

The ban on having high-capacity magazines, as it's written, would also include law enforcement officers.

Magazines with more than seven rounds will be illegal under the new law when that part takes effect in March.

Related Content
MORE: Follow us @EyewitnessNYC
MORE: Get Alerts
As the statute is currently written, it does not exempt law enforcement officers.
Nearly every law enforcement agency in the state carries hand guns that have a 15 round capacity.

A spokesman for the governor's office called Eyewitness News to say, "We are still working out some details of the law and the exemption will be included, currently no police officer is in violation."

The Patrolman's Benevolent Association President released a statement saying, "The PBA is actively working to enact changes to this law that will provide the appropriate exemptions from the law for active and retired law enforcement officers."

State Senator Eric Adams, a former NYPD Captain, told us he's going to push for an amendment next week to exempt police officers from the high-capacity magazine ban. In his words, "You can't give more ammo to the criminals"

Sounds like the Cap'n knows the criminals will have the upper hand anyway.

/ New S2230-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Licensure, suspension and revocation of #28  
Saw this interesting article.

NEW YORK (WABC) -- A troubling oversight has been found within New York State's sweeping new gun laws.

The ban on having high-capacity magazines, as it's written, would also include law enforcement officers.

Magazines with more than seven rounds will be illegal under the new law when that part takes effect in March.

Related Content
MORE: Follow us @EyewitnessNYC
MORE: Get Alerts
As the statute is currently written, it does not exempt law enforcement officers.
Nearly every law enforcement agency in the state carries hand guns that have a 15 round capacity.

A spokesman for the governor's office called Eyewitness News to say, "We are still working out some details of the law and the exemption will be included, currently no police officer is in violation."

The Patrolman's Benevolent Association President released a statement saying, "The PBA is actively working to enact changes to this law that will provide the appropriate exemptions from the law for active and retired law enforcement officers."

State Senator Eric Adams, a former NYPD Captain, told us he's going to push for an amendment next week to exempt police officers from the high-capacity magazine ban. In his words, "You can't give more ammo to the criminals"

Sounds like the Cap'n knows the criminals will have the upper hand anyway.

Great info. I don't know if we should laugh or cry on this. What a bunch of ^%$# idiots! Rushing to push their agenda through and doing a half ***** job. Absolutely misguided legislation by clueless representatives.

/ New S2230-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Licensure, suspension and revocation of #29  
Although it is a shame, it seems like a person could strategically place a rivet in a standard 10+ shot magazine that would stop the follower at 7 rounds. And I suppose that same rivet could be removed, inspected and replaced periodically to be sure it isn't wearing out or anything........

You would want to do that below the spring, not at the follower or the rivet will interfere with the spring. You would likely need to shorten the spring. I wouldn't recommend the average guy modifying magazines, unless he plans on putting it through significant feed testing afterwards, as I would have a question of reliability. Heck some companies that make these as their main source of revenue sometimes don't get it quite right (promag :) )

/ New S2230-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Licensure, suspension and revocation of #30  
Great info. I don't know if we should laugh or cry on this. What a bunch of ^%$# idiots! Rushing to push their agenda through and doing a half ***** job. Absolutely misguided legislation by clueless representatives.

They are scrambling to find a way to clean it up now. Sounds like the original version even left out a provision for police to have guns at schools.

Typical liberal knee-jerk reaction to...well...just about anything.