Firewood Market

/ Firewood Market #121  
Too bad you don't live closer to me, I'd be happy to help you out with that problem. Then again if you lived here, you'd need it all yourself.

I just go prices from 2 different suppliers for logs delivered to my yard. One was $162, the other $107 per chord. Both fresh cut mixed hardwood.

/ Firewood Market #122  
I get most of my firewood on shares from others cutting on my land. I usually stick to cutting down and up dead trees near roads or buildings, or those that block things. However, with the warmer winters recently, I have lots of wood I can't burn. Called the Salvation Army and Social Services to see if I could donate a few truck loads - me hauling. No takers. The wind storm last summer seems to have brought so much wood down that firewood is just too abundant. And I have 18 inch stovewood already split.

Hopefully somebody will want some soon... It won't keep forever. And I have a dozen big fallen oaks to cut up, more than I will need for next year.

Good to know it is just not an only in California thing where some can't even give wood away...