Good Days & Bad Days

/ Good Days & Bad Days #1  

crash325

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TC-45
Seems like 1 step foward = 2 steps back.

Yesterday 15 minuets of fire wood splitting took well over an hour of tinkering around. Had not used the log splitter in over 2 years. First off the rear remotes do not work until the back hoe is unplugged and hooked up to the pump. ( Sure would like to put a 2 way valve in the system.) Then plug in the splitter, sure looks good. Does it work, nope. check hook ups, 1 hose has popped out. Try & Try to get it in, no matter what it will not go all the way in. After much tinkering & frustration, get a wrench & bleed the splitter cylinder. Grab 5/8 & 3/4 wrench. Nope fittings are 11/16". About 2 turns and fitting starts spraying fluid. Bleed both sides. Fitting still tight, but goes in.

Some days I have more Fun than I really want. How about you???

split wood.jpg

/ Good Days & Bad Days #2  
Jim, I know what you mean. These days I find it is "me" that usually slow things down now:laughing: With Stenosis in my lower back, some days are great, others not so good. For instance, I have been building my shop, I started the steel trusses Monday and just finished them Yesterday (Wednesday):ashamed:, Not to long ago I would have got them done in a day!!

/ Good Days & Bad Days
Jim, I know what you mean. These days I find it is "me" that usually slow things down now:laughing: With Stenosis in my lower back, some days are great, others not so good. For instance, I have been building my shop, I started the steel trusses Monday and just finished them Yesterday (Wednesday):ashamed:, Not to long ago I would have got them done in a day!!

Yep what I use to do in a day or a few hours, now takes 2 or 3 times as long. A few years ago I could have hand split that much wood in less time. Part is a bad back, bad shoulders & other old age body defects.

/ Good Days & Bad Days #4  
Don't feel all by yourself, I put up 4 sheets of t1-11 on the side of my "shop" the other week and was worn out. I used to go all day every day and I just can't any more.

/ Good Days & Bad Days #5  
There are just some days that don't go well. I think the more machines we use the more likely there will be a problem.

Later,
Dan

/ Good Days & Bad Days
There are just some days that don't go well. I think the more machines we use the more likely there will be a problem.

Later,
Dan

Naw, no machines needed.
A few days back we had a morning where it got down to 12 or 13 degrees. Aw! I was lucky only real problem was was a busted water hose.
Next morning only got down to about 19. But late in the day, no water pressure. Must be the well, as it had froze up the morning before. I'll check any way. Sure enough, a PVC pipe under about 3 inches of concrete has burst. Late in the day, getting cold, let it run, fix it in the morning.

2 Hours of concrete busting and the pipe is uncovered and has a V shaped split about 3 inches long. Things are going well, working hard enough to stay warm. Had right size fittings & pipe, got it cut and ready to glue. OppSSS No PVC glue. Minor set back, 3 miles of dirt road, pay double for 1/2 as much cement as it would cost in town. Ah the good part, it went together with out a hitch.

That went so well, lets hook up the filled propane bottle. Even that went off without a hitch. Pilot lights even fired right up, including the hot water heater.

I guess, just the normal ups & downs of daily life.