Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #1,001  
I do!!:) And no theres not. I think the shows like preppers have put a bug in many peoples ears and they do what they can, and thats hoard ammo, thinking that will make them able to survive.

the ones in the cities .. unless they plan for a quick escape.. are doomed.

compact cities are death traps.

in 3 days there will be NO useable resources on ANY shelves.

most of the people in a big city are less than 72 hours away from starvation and mass chaos...

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #1,002  
there's a tractor part co i order from. many times i need a gasket or oring. 50 cent item that costs 2$ no big deal.

you could drop it in an envelope and pay first class mail and charge me a whole buck to do that and I'd be fine. heck.. i'd pay 5$ total for that 50 cent item.

instead. 9$ minimum shipping.. and 4.50 handling. really?

Yep i hate companies that want you to spend $100 or more for free shipping and if you want that small item no matter what its $10-15 to ship it??? I mean bassproo and cabaleas are the worst i think. That why i love amazon now, usually the best prine in most cases and usually free shipping, so what it takes 5-10 days to get to me, i just dont wait till i have to have it!!

For example i want some say plastic worms, so i go to basspro online. 2-3 packs for whatever reason is all i wnat. there say $5 a piece so i have $15 of merchandise but am charged 15 or so to ship it in a box when they can send it USPS or either ups in an envelope for $5 in ups case prolly and like $2 in USPS case.

As for the resellers, i want to know who is buying them at that large price and why, if they would stop the market would go away!!! The resellers ahve the hoard and are just letting it trickle out as they have such a high price and they keep getting the new stock so no one can get them and are forced to buy the high priced ones. And at the high price there is little demand on and on.

I cant beleive these peopel are not out of money yet?? Or maybe it is all the newbies in the gun market that are internet savvy and are buying thier gun esp the popular 22 now they cant get ammo so they go to like GB or somewhere or armslist and buy what they can at those prices as they want bullets. They are new so they dont realize that 2 years ago we were paying $15 or less for the same 500round boxes that they are now paying $60 for!!! But they think its a deal cause thier other sword collecting zombie killing buddy that just bought his $2300 AR in the panic is now paying $1/round. So he is getting a way better deal and can shoot way more for the $60 he spent on 500???

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #1,003  
Slickguns.com .06 a round at Natchez trail limit 2 boxes (325) a day

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #1,004  
the ones in the cities .. unless they plan for a quick escape.. are doomed.

compact cities are death traps.

in 3 days there will be NO useable resources on ANY shelves.

most of the people in a big city are less than 72 hours away from starvation and mass chaos...

Shhhhhh! ;) :)

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #1,005  
Or the family that lived on a street corner in the "hood". They installed car stereos there. And i think the house was next to it or behind it. I only saw a few episodes ever and this was one. I liked the show as entertainment i just watch so many others i never got into it. Maybe in reruns i will? Anyway they had like 6 AKs and thousands of rounds. they had solar and battery bank. Had a few weeks worth of food but they still were in the ghetto!!! The solution was to get a metal shipping container or those of us around the military say "connex box" and put it in the business parking lot on the corner, i think they then burried it in the yard behind the corner??? I mean come on the thugs would be there in no time!

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #1,006  
there's a tractor part co i order from. many times i need a gasket or oring. 50 cent item that costs 2$ no big deal.

you could drop it in an envelope and pay first class mail and charge me a whole buck to do that and I'd be fine. heck.. i'd pay 5$ total for that 50 cent item.

instead. 9$ minimum shipping.. and 4.50 handling. really?

Run into this with a sponsor of this site. I needed some O rings and they were like $4 max i think, but i would ahve to pay the minimum $14 shipping cause they only list UPS!!! I mean come on. So instead i planned what i needed and made a huge order. Maybe this is what they want and not fool with the low margin sales as a single purchase.

I brougt it up in a thread here and the owner posted about why they use UPS, because they have had USPS loose a good bit and nothing from ups..But that if i called and insisted that they mail it in an envelope they would for me. that made me feel a little better, cause spending $14 on a box to ship an o ring like you said is rediculous!

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #1,007  
yep on the city thing. where do they think there going to get water? The river??? with the polution and no source of wood to sterilize it? This is where tearing down abondond building will come in and the burning of furniture. All the guns are good for is protecting yourself and family. Are they willing to kill so that the others actually perceive a threat instead of an empty suit? Are any of us??? But at least in the country we can kill food that runs around other than stray pets or strays. In the country there is the help your neighbor to survive thing going, we actually know our neighbors and can help each other after we do for ourselves then we get help in return on something else someday. The whole tribe mentality. This is why the indians lived in tribes and not just scattered through the woods in a tent with the wife n kids but as a tribe or family groups.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #1,008  
wanna know an even not so funnier part of my story. this 'un named' tractor part co.. I , a while back, ordered a pto shaft kit from them, and it was suposed to come with a cap and the pto flange gasket... it was missing both. the cap was outta stock and they sent it later with another order of non essential items i needed ( tins ).. however the pto gasket was a holdup issue... and i didn't feel like cutting my own on a machine i was refurbing for someone else. so they sent me the pto flange gasket. US mail... go figure.

Run into this with a sponsor of this site. I needed some O rings and they were like $4 max i think, but i would ahve to pay the minimum $14 shipping cause they only list UPS!!! I mean come on. So instead i planned what i needed and made a huge order. Maybe this is what they want and not fool with the low margin sales as a single purchase.

I brougt it up in a thread here and the owner posted about why they use UPS, because they have had USPS loose a good bit and nothing from ups..But that if i called and insisted that they mail it in an envelope they would for me. that made me feel a little better, cause spending $14 on a box to ship an o ring like you said is rediculous!

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #1,009  
wanna know an even not so funnier part of my story. this 'un named' tractor part co.. I , a while back, ordered a pto shaft kit from them, and it was suposed to come with a cap and the pto flange gasket... it was missing both. the cap was outta stock and they sent it later with another order of non essential items i needed ( tins ).. however the pto gasket was a holdup issue... and i didn't feel like cutting my own on a machine i was refurbing for someone else. so they sent me the pto flange gasket. US mail... go figure.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #1,010  
Heh! I hit it RIGHT,yesterday..........was standing at Wal-Mart when the lady wheeled in the dolly with the unstocked ammo.Got the only 2-550 round boxes of hollow point .22 Federal that she had.THAT'S 1100 rounds,guys! Reason I was standin' there was I was waiting on them to unlock and give me their last box of Winchester 9mm.Ha!
Yeah,I coulda' bought just one box and left the other........but I'ma selling a box to a friend tomorrow. YEIppeeee!!!!!don-ohio :)^)

Status
Not open for further replies.