Page 17 of 207 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819202767117 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Default Re: Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    There is another large munitions plant down by McCallister OK. I think that makes rounds for the military too. But I don't know what calibers they make. Lake City stuff is good ammo. I could use a few crates of 5.56mm now with lets say green tip 62 grain?

James K0UA
    Not sure but looking at their website, they may make big things that go boom...not so much small arms.
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    2005 Kubota L5030 GST; Farmall 706

Quote Originally Posted by clemsonfor View Post

Confused you said 1.6billion rounds a YEAR, so how can you say that they produce a BILLION a WEEK. I think you must of originally said that they should produce 1.6Billion a WEEK not YEAR?

Whats the other large arsonal that provides military, isint there another?
    I was quoting Forgeblast post that said ALL (civillian, military) plants combined were producing 1 Billion rounds per week. - quoted again next paragraph:

"....AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line."

Then I was comparing the military use from Lake City. The article I posted was from military sources that said Lake City makes 99% of all small arms ammo for the Army - to the tune of 1.6 billion rounds per YEAR.

Like I mentioned, Lake City is only two miles from my house. I know many many people who work there.

Lake City is it for small arms ammo. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_...munition_Plant
    Dean

Tractor
    Kubota L4240 HSTC,L3000DT

The largest gun shop in the area,got promised two "bricks of .22" by his whole-saler!Two bricks!I have plenty of everything and reload for the bigger stuff.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota l3130

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hunter View Post
    I have something like 16,000 rounds with much of it 22lr. It's been accumulating for a while. When I was still willing to business with Walmart I'd buy a box of 550 22lr ammo on each visit. It took everything I had to go in that place and now I just won't do it anymore. I do think that it's becoming clear Feinstein's bill would again cost Democrats their job thus the bill in its present form is dead and 22lr wasn't at risk anyway. Even if the panic subsides, there's a delay in any logistics pipeline.

Lesson learned, though, and I'll be putting enough away so my grandchildren never have to buy a single round.
    Sensible man. I'm satisfied with a 5 year supply, and since I go to the range a lot, that's a LOT of ammo. It's always cheaper to buy ahead, anyway. I'm still shooting .308 that I paid $0.40 a round for. Yeah, that was the price just 5 years ago.

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
    Sensible man. I'm satisfied with a 5 year supply, and since I go to the range a lot, that's a LOT of ammo. It's always cheaper to buy ahead, anyway. I'm still shooting .308 that I paid $0.40 a round for. Yeah, that was the price just 5 years ago.
    Umm I have been buying .243 for 10 years or more and .30 06 for maybe 8+ years I never remember those prices. I even buy the cheapest shelf ammo when I did buy it. either rem Corlokt or Winchester powerpoints. I think the cheapest I remember was maybe $13-15 which is still over $0.50/round.
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7100D

The local sporting goods store got another shipment of Remington 525 packs today. They had about 24 cases/12 packs each of 525rds but you could only buy one 525rd pack per person. So some rimfire ammo is still moving through the system out there.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by charlz View Post
    The local sporting goods store got another shipment of Remington 525 packs today. They had about 24 cases/12 packs each of 525rds but you could only buy one 525rd pack per person. So some rimfire ammo is still moving through the system out there.
    That is good to know, maybe this nightmare will end soon... Oh by the way that store has more .22 rimfire than the whole states of Ar. and Mo. combined
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

My son just picked up a 6.8 SPC upper today and he said the store had 9mm in stock in 500 round packs.

Tractor
    New Holland 1220

Every time there is a news story about a guy with a "virtual arsenal" I cringe. He had a rifle a shotgun, two pistols and hundreds of rounds of ammo!

What would they say about someone with eight rifles, six shotguns, twenty pistols and several thousands of rounds of ammo. Oh and the reloading supplies; thousands of empty cartridges, primers, projectiles and pounds of powder.

This should be a lesson, call me a 70's survivalist, a 21st Century Prepper or plain old hoarder, I'm buying it for myself and my kids!

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere and Case

Quote Originally Posted by DAD1220 View Post
    Every time there is a news story about a guy with a "virtual arsenal" I cringe. He had a rifle a shotgun, two pistols and hundreds of rounds of ammo!

What would they say about someone with eight rifles, six shotguns, twenty pistols and several thousands of rounds of ammo. Oh and the reloading supplies; thousands of empty cartridges, primers, projectiles and pounds of powder.

This should be a lesson, call me a 70's survivalist, a 21st Century Prepper or plain old hoarder, I'm buying it for myself and my kids!
    Glad to hear you have a "starter kit" assembled .I have to laugh when some suburban commando talks about being ready for anything with a High point 9mm and a box of shells !

Page 17 of 207 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819202767117 ... LastLast