Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #211  
Cant find any ammo here , only shotgun shells and even buck shot is sold out. I cant find primers ! everyone is out

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #212  
Well, When the government is buying billions of shells and we only have so many manufactures they would definitely fill those contracts first , Could be their first look at controlling guns via ammo ?

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #213  
Perhaps they have one line for both 7.62 and .223 and are concentrating on .223 for now? Or, perhaps the people who make the cases for 7.62 arent making them for now? Your guess is as good as mine.

Aaron Z

all this ammo is Russian stuff I am referring to. Those factories are huge!! Yes they now make all calibers, Tule has mad that a big thing now, but 7.62 is still the mainstay of the Tule arsenal in Russia. Those Russian arsenals make what we have here in the us look like toy factories!!!

Brown bear, silver bear, and golden bear are all Russian steel cased ammo, just like Wolf and Tuleammo.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #214  
Well, When the government is buying billions of shells and we only have so many manufactures they would definitely fill those contracts first , Could be their first look at controlling guns via ammo ?

My thought is that everyone is afraid of the sequester and getting large orders in just in case. And there are a lot of manufacturers (domestic and foreign) that don't fill government contracts, it's just the buying frenzy that is keeping the shelves bare. Once all the people who weren't prepared get what they consider to be enough, then ammo will be readily available. But when you add in the people who already had enough, but now want more just in case it happens again, it'll take a little longer

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #215  
Im thinking the same thing, but when I look at sportsmans guide they are not expecting any ammo(7.62x39) in if you order now from between july to September. They have pulled wolf off of the site due to demand I guess? I needed some ammo and ordered mine anticipating this and it arrived about a month ago after about 10 days of backorder?

think about it. everybody who owns a gun is now wanting and looking to buy their 'daily' limit as often as possible, every day.

ammo is not normally a hot / hard mover.. it's slow/steady.

supply simply canno keep up with demand.

couple that with the die hards who have ordered entire cases, spam cans and battle packs from online dealers... that's why there is a 3-6m backlog...

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #216  
have you noticed tula now makes brassmax brass cased boxer primed ammo, out of italy no less.. :)

all this ammo is Russian stuff I am referring to. Those factories are huge!! Yes they now make all calibers, Tule has mad that a big thing now, but 7.62 is still the mainstay of the Tule arsenal in Russia. Those Russian arsenals make what we have here in the us look like toy factories!!!

Brown bear, silver bear, and golden bear are all Russian steel cased ammo, just like Wolf and Tuleammo.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #217  
Found some generic .22LR at a local gun shop for $30 a brick of 500 today. All other local sources, big box stores, etc... still out of .22lr.

For that matter, I called a Walmart, asked for Sporting Goods and before I could say another word she asked if I was calling about ammo. We had a pleasant conversation. She said every call for Sporting Goods is about ammo now. They get trucks in daily, but they have no idea what (if any) ammo will be on it until they unpack it. She said all they had left today was .223. They had 9mm that morning but it was already gone. Sells out immediately.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #218  
Found some generic .22LR at a local gun shop for $30 a brick of 500 today. All other local sources, big box stores, etc... still out of .22lr.

For that matter, I called a Walmart, asked for Sporting Goods and before I could say another word she asked if I was calling about ammo. We had a pleasant conversation. She said every call for Sporting Goods is about ammo now. They get trucks in daily, but they have no idea what (if any) ammo will be on it until they unpack it. She said all they had left today was .223. They had 9mm that morning but it was already gone. Sells out immediately.

Walmart and their largest local competitor Canadian Tire dont carry guns and ammo anymore up here, they both gave it up some years ago_ social pressure/bad image.

They are still readily available at sporting goods stores, prices dont fluctuate much...but no gun culture nor fear of apocalypse lol

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #219  
Good Evenin Coobie,
I have had 250 rds of 9mm on order for the past month or so and they keep uping the delivery date... we are now up to May :(

The whole thing is pretty sad !

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #220  
I see 9mm all the time I bet academy this week when I was there has 50 boxes of 50, your limit was 1 box per caliber and 3 calibers. I have several hundred of them and if my dies ever get here I have the potential to hve another 300+ more.

Status
Not open for further replies.