Page 24 of 223 FirstFirst ... 14212223242526273474124 ... LastLast
    Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Default Re: Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo.

This is disgusting...a couple of months ago I bought 550 rounds of Federal 22 Long HP at Walmart for $23.00 and change...Now they don't even have any...every time I go ..they are out...just some odd ball cartridges...This is gouging and I can't believe we are all taking it so easy....This is the gun control...right ? I mean what good is a gun with no bullets...? Just that simple...I refuse to be robbed...I will wait...sure glad I was anticipating this a long time ago - I have to say ...I did not anticipate the outrageous price gouging that clemsonfor mentioned $249.00 for the same 550 rounds I paid $23.00 for....They should lock that merchant up...Just like the guy that sells gas for $6.00 a gallon when there is a hurricane....Venting ...Sorry..
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Tractor
    Hyster H50

The last .22 ammo I bought was when Bi-Mart had the 500 round bricks in the coupon book for $7.99. That's been a few years ago, wish I had a pallet of it out in the shop right now.
    Anxiously awaiting Dr. Savage's return to the airwaves.

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE Hydro

And yet, not one person has posted here that works in an ammunition factory? With the demand so high for so long just about everyone here should have a cousin or a cousin's friend that works at a ammunition plant and just came by to show off his new 4x4 truck........weird ain't it?
    2008 KIOTI DK40Se Hydro
    1978 Sling Blade/wood handle

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    249$?

I got a 555rem from walmart when 1 hit the shelp for 35$ a week ago..

ugh!
    I got 500 brick of .22 for $30 at that local gun shop I mentioned. Dunham's sporting goods is selling 525 for around $20 when they get them in.
    MossRoad

Click On My Little Tractor
    To See Pictures And Videos
    Of It In Action!!!

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7100D

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    From my experience with Remington Thunderbolt, I'd never pay the old price for them, for $19, I'd build a slingshot and collect rocks before I paid that. Then again, 95% of my 22LR shooting is in semi-automatics, they may be fine for single shot, bolt action or revolvers.
    Yep, I have stayed away from Remington Thunderbolts for the same reason, never thought they were very good quality. The crimps still suck like they did 25 years ago... bullets wobble easily in the case etc.

I have been buying the Federal bulk packs for quite a while but this SR22 pistol just does not like them. Primarily Failure to Feed (action cycles but doesn't pick up the next round from the magazine). Not one FTF with the Remington ammo, I notice they feel like they still have either case lube or some kind of shipping wax on them. I am thinking that helps the rounds slide in the magazine. As a test I might spray down some Federals with case lube and then shoot them and see if that helps the feed issue. Not that I want to have to do that with my .22 ammo but I think it would be an interesting experiment.

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

Quote Originally Posted by charlz View Post
    Yep, I have stayed away from Remington Thunderbolts for the same reason, never thought they were very good quality. The crimps still suck like they did 25 years ago... bullets wobble easily in the case etc.

I have been buying the Federal bulk packs for quite a while but this SR22 pistol just does not like them. Primarily Failure to Feed (action cycles but doesn't pick up the next round from the magazine). Not one FTF with the Remington ammo, I notice they feel like they still have either case lube or some kind of shipping wax on them. I am thinking that helps the rounds slide in the magazine. As a test I might spray down some Federals with case lube and then shoot them and see if that helps the feed issue. Not that I want to have to do that with my .22 ammo but I think it would be an interesting experiment.
    Last Remington I bought was about 8 years ago, I think the FTR rate was approaching 10%. Those were the "golden bullets" and I think that was I know in one or 2 of my rifles one being a marlin 60 and possibly my ruger mk3 22/45, but I am not entirely sure I had that gun at that point. Hickock45 reported similar results on one of his videos on youtube. I have not bought them since that brick. But I would buy them in a second right now.
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Tractor
    Yanmar YM2000

Quote Originally Posted by charlz View Post

Last Remington I bought was about 8 years ago, I think the FTR rate was approaching 10%. Those were the "golden bullets" and I think that was I know in one or 2 of my rifles one being a marlin 60 and possibly my ruger mk3 22/45, but I am not entirely sure I had that gun at that point. Hickock45 reported similar results on one of his videos on youtube. I have not bought them since that brick. But I would buy them in a second right now.
    YM2000. MF dirt scoop,4' Jbar bushhog,boompole, LMC 12-16 disk harrow, 4' Atlas boxblade (with rippers). 1980 chevy K10,1990 ford ranger 2wd (285K miles),1997 saturn SL2 (twin cam!!),2001Toyota Higlander
    1986 Cobia 177 sunskiff w/1981 Johnson 60 hp
    1991 Javalen 17ft w/same year 150 Johnson GT
    Troybuilt 4 cycle & Echo 2 stroke,cold natured(need carb rebuild),MS390 Stihl, Northern tool pressure washer, mixes water into the oil in the pump(now dead, motor on a tiller). 5000 watt generator.

Tractor
    NH TD5030, 861 Ford Powermaster, 555A Ford Backhoe, S150x SnapperPro ZTR, Polaris Ranger XP800

I just saw an ad posted on a local trading post here that wanted to buy .22 ammo. Says they will take all you have and pay top dollar. Never seen this before.
    Chris

Silver Member

I think you boy's need to take up air rifles or learn to reload.

Cartridges like the 22 Hornet, 32 SW Long, 38sp, 357mag can be shot for around .03 per round if you cast your own bullets and buy your supplies right.( Not now) And are good scrounger's for lead.

At today's ammo prices it wouldn't take many rounds to pay for a reloading set-up and a few molds.

--J

Tractor
    Kubota RTV 900, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .

Quote Originally Posted by J35 View Post
    I think you boy's need to take up air rifles or learn to reload.

Cartridges like the 22 Hornet, 32 SW Long, 38sp, 357mag can be shot for around .03 per round if you cast your own bullets and buy your supplies right.( Not now) And are good scrounger's for lead.

At today's ammo prices it wouldn't take many rounds to pay for a reloading set-up and a few molds.

--J
    Great idea if you can find or buy the reloading supplies.Its almost like finding ammo if you do you will pay A BIG PRICE.coobie
    Kioti DK40se hst cab with KL401 loader,Kubota RTV 900,John deere X740,Kioti 73 inch tiller.Ingersoll 4020 3pt,troy bilt tiller,Billy goat brush cutter.

Page 24 of 223 FirstFirst ... 14212223242526273474124 ... LastLast