Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #2,801  
Ed ... When the framers reiterated your existing right to bear arms, they fully expected citizens to show up for militia call with military capable weapons. In that regard, I fully support the individual right to own pretty much any weapon that is not considered exclusively a military item - hand grenades, tanks, etc.

As for the Supreme Court, and government in general, attacking/destroying our liberty and rights - We simply do not have the backbone of our founders or this move toward tyranny would not be tolerated.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #2,802  
Personally, I refuse to give my government the Right to choose my religion.....

Interesting that you don't seem to mind if that same government chooses your firearms - or lack thereof.

.... I didn't know our founding fathers only meant freedom of only the Christian religion....

And, you would be correct. The rights extended to mankind by God are from His unmerited Grace and, therefore, available to all.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #2,803  
Ed ... When the framers reiterated your existing right to bear arms, they fully expected citizens to show up for militia call with military capable weapons. In that regard, I fully support the individual right to own pretty much any weapon that is not considered exclusively a military item - hand grenades, tanks, etc.

Again, you have the Right to decide what is and isn't considered exclusively a military item. You choose where to draw the line. An individual's Right to make their own choice.

Then why isn't my opinion that armor piercing rounds are considered exclusively a military item? If we are speaking of a round that is able to pierce LE body armor, my 22 mag is able to do that. On the other hand, if we are speaking of rounds that will pierce military armored equipment, don't you think those types of rounds should be considered exclusively a military item?

I'm just trying to understand who gets to choose and who doesn't. Why can't I choose to not considered exclusively a military item a shoulder fired rocket?

I do believe that a government is the appropriate body to decide for the safety and welfare of the whole. That is consistent with what our founding fathers believed. On the other hand, who we have now running government, including the Whitehouse, both Houses and the Supreme Court are no longer looking after the whole and have given way to deciding for just an exclusive and very rich few.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #2,804  
The rights extended to mankind by God are from His unmerited Grace and, therefore, available to all.

And yet we fight to keep "In God We Trust" and "we" fight for the Right to Pray only to God in government proceedings. I guess this comes down to the meaning of the word "we."

I also have to ask why so many "Christian religious leaders" automatically condemn all Jews to H_ _ _ just because of their belief in God and don't share the same belief in Jesus?

Personally, I believe if your God believes in bigotry and hate, we probably believe in different Gods.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #2,805  
I didn't say it was my call as to what constituted "military" weaponry. Ideally, Congress and the Supreme Court would establish that line based solely upon common logic - with a very high deference to individual liberty and rights. Sadly, that is not the case ...

I'm not sure I agree with your "very rich few" conclusion. I will concur government is corrupt, out of control and the greatest danger we face today. Frankly, I believe we are seeing a carefully run plan to implement the teachings of Piven and Alinksy to destroy the United States.

We now pause for TBN acceptable content :)

Kioti Kubota JD Massey LS McCormick Belarus

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #2,806  
I also have to ask why so many "Christian religious leaders" automatically condemn all Jews to H_ _ _ just because of their belief in God and don't share the same belief in Jesus?

I believe it is undeniable that Christians are the strongest supporters of Israel/Jews on the planet. You sound angry at Christians and, if you are Jewish, that is totally illogical. Given that Christians accepted a Jewish Savior ... I just don't get the implied resentment.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #2,807  
God is pure love, not flawed by the flesh , he is spirit , I believe if you worship God in spirit and not flesh no matter what name you call him you will in turn reflect gods character , that being love kindness long suffering, slow to anger, these are qualities of God and you will not want to harm , kill or abuse anyone, if God wants anybody dead he can do it himself he dosent need a suicide bomber to do it, he simply blinks.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #2,808  
I'm guessing we are about to see this otherwise fun post banned.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #2,809  
Two thoughts popped into my mind in the last page or two.

You can't "bear" a tank.

You can have a shoulder-fired rocket, but not with an explosive warhead.

:)

Bruce

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #2,810  
OK fellas. We've tried to keep the politics out of the .22 thread, but its clear that's not going to happen, so.... its been a great discussion. Take it to the friendly politics thread. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.