Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #31  
they have not upped the prices here, and there is no shortage.

this is aprox the same price i paid a year ago.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #32  
they have not upped the prices here, and there is no shortage.

this is aprox the same price i paid a year ago.

I guess you can consider yourself very lucky. I have checked online & can't find any good prices. I found 1 site that showed about 500 rounds of 22LR for $25.00,but they were out

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #33  
I was surprised yesterday when I got home to find a package from Sportsmans Guide. I had ordered some hi-cap (or evil) magazines for one of my rifles (actually ordered them prior to the Ct. shooting to take advantage of a free shipping promotion). Shortly after I ordered them, I got an email from SG saying they were backordered. I then figured I might never get them at all. Anyway, yesterday they showed up, so I'm pretty happy with that.

The ammunition situation is in sorry state here as well. There's pretty much nothing to be had other than oddball rifle calibers, althought 12 gauge seems to be in ready supply.

I have a friend here at work that is trying to train a 'coon dog, and he needed some .22 ammo and couldn't find any. I begrudgingly parted with a brick of my stockpile so that he could proceed with that endeavor, with his promise to repay the ammo in kind as soon as he can lay hands on it.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #34  
I have a friend here at work that is trying to train a 'coon dog, and he needed some .22 ammo and couldn't find any. I begrudgingly parted with a brick of my stockpile so that he could proceed with that endeavor, with his promise to repay the ammo in kind as soon as he can lay hands on it.

You are a kind man! and a true friend!

James K0UA

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #35  

You are a kind man! and a true friend!

James K0UA

Nothing says ''Ilove u'' better than bullets

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #36  
It would almost be worth it to drive to Idaho and bring em back to Mo. and AR.. I believe a man could make money doing it.

James K0UA

with most .223 and 762x39 ammo going for 1-1.25-1.50 per round, I kow many people that are staking out walmarts and when 4-5 boxes come in the go buy it and resell it at the flea market.

walmart still sells the tula x39 and 223 for about 5$ a box.. 6$ with tax.. etc. they turn around and sell that 20rnd box for 20-25$. I've seen it..

Our local walmart did not have the 3 box limit sign up till a few days ago.. befor ethen.. when a truck came in, someone would swoop in , and if they had 18 boxes of ammo come in.. they'd buy all 18.

I think it's an inside job.. an employee calling a friend(s) to cycle thru and buy it as it NEVER stays on the shelf. as soon as it hit sthe shelf.. magically people show up to buy it.

9 boxes of the win 22lr hit the shelf yesterday at 7am.. they were 555rnd packs. I happened to be there in the automotive section picking up some oil on the way to work and saw them hit the shelf. they went to a 1 box per person per visit limit on the 555 packs.

i figured I'd grab one and then swing back thru at lunch for another. I got my 1. had to pay for it there. while walking around for 15 mnutes grabbing other stuff I walked back over to slook at a rifle sling.. all the other 8 boxes were already gone!!!!!

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #37  
Soundguy,, I think your 100% right. When the "frenzy" started ammo was in short supply, then gone (.223/5.56) I was seeing guys wanting to buy on various hunting/gun forums, then they where selling, at the inflated prices. One day these guys where frantically trying to find ammo, the next week they have some for sale?? at an elevated price no doubt. Sad thing is..they sold out!!

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #38  
yep. I see people selling lot sof their personal stuff at gouge prices to make a killing.

i'm just not into that.....

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #39  
The way you describe it, it's a recurring event. Maybe the "half-wits" are the buyers who panic.

Them too. I always like to have a good supply on hand.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #40  
yep. I see people selling lot sof their personal stuff at gouge prices to make a killing.

i'm just not into that.....

That is my situation exactly. My friend offered to pay me, but I would rather not put a price on it and just be repaid in kind when the ammunition becomes available. Like I said, I hate to give up any of my stockpile, but I'm trying to look on the bright side.

On the other hand, if we have the zombie apocalypse between now and when my buddy repays me, I hope I don't run a few hundred rounds short of being able to eliminate the zombies!

Status
Not open for further replies.