Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #651  
Camoflage them like a dove and they will be safe from my shotgun skills... never could hit a fast flying dove even with a high priced over/under bird gun.

mark

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #652  
Small drones... more fun than sporting clays ...

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #653  
   / Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #654  
You are spot on about the hoarder mentality but I was trying to get to how much is really enough for a rational person making prudent preparations for emergencies of unknown origin and unknown degree of severity. As people have seen numerous times floods and storm events can leave you to your own devices for weeks or more and economic collapse even of just a small country can leave that country's citizens in dire straits for months or years.
At some point of ammo/gun supply additional money available would be better spent on debt reduction or acquiring the land and means to grow an adequate food supply sustainably, or making a shelter that was not grid dependant and secure.

A persons ability to survive the unknown leaves any preparations open to judgement. Who will be included in the plans and what is the emergency? Can you grow your own food? Will you need protection? Protection from people and/or animals. Shelter? Will you need to migrate?

Natural and human caused disasters affect not only the human population but animals and plants to some extent. Can't kill a deer if they are all gone. Can't grow your own food if a disaster starts in December in Michigan. The possibilities are inumerable.

Personally I carry two or three days of food and water in each vehicle. At any time there are probably six months to a year of food in the pantry and the barn. The barn also has living quarters. Livestock (horses and cows) are here. Deer, turkeys, geese and ducks all around. I do have a 5500 watt generator for intermittant power needs. Tents and camping gear. And I would never be prepared for everything. My motto is "Anything can happen to anyone at anytime". This after being in the U.S.M.C., Firefighter/Paramedic and body removal/recovery for a number of years.

My Father was a manager of a large ranch in Southern Oregon back in the 80's. A Catapillar driver was cleaning ponds on the property and pulled out at One O'Clock fire shut down cutoff. As he was driving to the maintenence area a battery cable sparked and set grass on fire. The wind driven fire spread quickly and in one day destroyed numerous homes, farms, barns, cattle, elk and deer. It jumped two highways a two-hundred foot wide river. It also killed two people at a logging site. Melting the aluminum and burning electrical wiring and hydraulic lines over them while they tried to hide under a yarder. Over 10,000 acres of forest and farmland burned in less than 10 hours. It took nearly two months for the cleanup by the National Guard and Forest Service. Insurance covered almost a Million and Half Dollars of the cost. This would be the Bland Mountain Fire.

You can never prepare.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #655  
Lots of folks have been prepping as long as they have been alive and their folks did it before that. It only makes sense when you live in the country most of us don't think twice about the day to day furor in the news. True we cant change one single thing that is going to happen but we can duck if we see it coming.

Not everybody just woke up and decided the sky is falling like whats going on in this country now its as predictable as the sun coming up. my .002

And don't anyone forget that whats yours becomes the goobermints if they want it and can find it. So they will look where you are and take what they want just saying there is more to prepping than having a whole pile of stuff to eat etc keeping that scenario from happening becomes the priority.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #656  
FINALLY... after 3 months of waiting. I went to favorite local gun store and they had 3 new Springfield XDS .45 in stock. grabbed one. They also had quite a few AR15's in ...just placing on shelves. Still dont want one of them, but they are nice looking guns.

I was amazed that the XDS fits perfectly in my crossbreed molded holster that was made for my Kahr PM9. i would not have thought it would. Want to go practice with it this weekend if weather holds up.

Its soooo much smaller and lighter than my old 1911.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #657  
you know.....people are nuts.

I went to local sporting goods store to get extended magazine for my new XDS, but they didnt have any right now They normall sell for aprox $40. he told me. Will call me when they come in

So i went and looked at ebay. People are buying and selling them for 69-100 each...and there selling.

I then went to Springfields own site, and they sell them for $39 each + $10 shipping, and have them IN STOCK. WHY are people so scared that they cant get something and so are willing to pay ridiculous $$$$ for something thats easily available FROM THE MANUFACTURER?????

Humans are nuts..and getting nuttier daily. I think my dog is right. Dogs will eventually take over the world...as soon as he can get a hang of typing on this keyboard. He tells me "Paws suck"

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #658  
you know.....people are nuts.

I went to local sporting goods store to get extended magazine for my new XDS, but they didnt have any right now They normall sell for aprox $40. he told me. Will call me when they come in

So i went and looked at ebay. People are buying and selling them for 69-100 each...and there selling.

I then went to Springfields own site, and they sell them for $39 each + $10 shipping, and have them IN STOCK. WHY are people so scared that they cant get something and so are willing to pay ridiculous $$$$ for something thats easily available FROM THE MANUFACTURER?????

Humans are nuts..and getting nuttier daily. I think my dog is right. Dogs will eventually take over the world...as soon as he can get a hang of typing on this keyboard. He tells me "Paws suck"

Too funny. Reminds me of the recent song --- "God is great, beer is good and people are crazy".

MoKelly

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #659  
Too funny. Reminds me of the recent song --- "God is great, beer is good and people are crazy".

MoKelly

yup..and im beginning to think the days of getting everything cheaper online are over.

The last 2 things i tried to price online (a horse water trough and a horse water control float) were both MORE expensive on all online sites than i was able to get a local farm supply store. the water float was 2x higher online for same brand.

that sucks....

but maybe the brick and mortar guys are coming to find out you cant charge 400% over their cost anymore and survive.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #660  
but maybe the brick and mortar guys are coming to find out you cant charge 400% over their cost anymore and survive.
Maybe. Local golf cart place still wants $120 for the charger control board that I can get for $60-70 online (both aftermarket).

Aaron Z

Status
Not open for further replies.