Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #881  
Case feeders are great, I have used them on other guys presses, I have a case feeder too, she is my wife..When I can get her down to the reloading room and put her on the station 1 side of the press, man we can really crank out some rounds in a hurry!:thumbsup: I does require a little coordination (watch those fingers!) but it is a fun time.

James K0UA

but if your case feeder gets jammed, do you have to smack it?

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #883  
My sporting goods store has plenty of primers and powder....the bullets are in short supply.

Ive been loading since 1980 myself. Just recently moved to a progressive press with case feeder. WAY faster

Yall have everything out there!!!!! I mean powder has not really been hard to find around here, other than unique last time i was in the store, but primers there still pretty ellusive.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #884  
I have shot various types competition for over 30 years (dang I get older every year) and you have to reload there is no other way other than be sponsored or be rich and that aint ever happening for me. :) I do shoot with few that are sponsored by a bullet company and they can practice all they want (still) and send the brass back when they feel like and shoot some more its kind of depressing really. :laughing:

Well actually they have to shoot a lot and perform well I can shoot or not makes no difference to anybody so there is a price to pay in everything I guess.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #885  
I just got back from our only local gun store and they'd gotten in a pretty good supply of powder, bullets and small rifle primers, but it appears that the owner has raised his prices some to take advantage of the shortage. Ammo was almost non existent, unless you shoot 30 carbine or 17 HMR. He did get in over 50 1000 round cases of Federal 223, but it was priced about twice as high as it was this time last year.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #886  
I have shot various types competition for over 30 years (dang I get older every year) and you have to reload there is no other way other .

yep. some people think relaoding saves you money. it really doesn't.. but you can shoot plenty more for the same money if you relaod. that's usually what happens.. :)

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #888  
yep. some people think relaoding saves you money. it really doesn't.. but you can shoot plenty more for the same money if you relaod. that's usually what happens.. :)
YEa I started with the cheapest single press from lee. I now am looking at others including that lee 1000 press!! Some reviews are good some are bad but for a progressive press for under $200 where each pull yields you a complete round I may take a chance one day.
89 pages. Must be a record or nearly so ?

Nope not even close! Go look in other areas, like the project section. Obdeds post about the his new house I think is up around 490 pages!!!

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #889  
YEa I started with the cheapest single press from lee. I now am looking at others including that lee 1000 press!! Some reviews are good some are bad but for a progressive press for under $200 where each pull yields you a complete round I may take a chance one day.
89 pages. Must be a record or nearly so ?

Nope not even close! Go look in other areas, like the project section. Obdeds post about the his new house I think is up around 490 pages!!!

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #890  
What does that have to do with the price of ammo or how hard it is to get these days? Most of the Ammo used by the government for it's operations both here in the US and around the world is made in one plant in the US. It's made in the Lake City Army ammunition plant in Independence Missouri. They are the major supplier for the needs of the US military/government and they also sell surplus ammo to the civilian market. When that surplus dries up it also dries up the availability of ammunition everywhere. Lake City produces millions/billions of rounds of Ammo every year depending on the needs of the military and have the capability of producing upward to around 1.5 billions of rounds a year if needed. They make what the government projects the needs will be and they make the ammo plus a percentage added in, in case of some unseen problem happening. So, you can see the problem for all suppliers when the Government,.....Boom! doubles or triples it's normal supply needs.

It not only dries up the reserve or surplus finished product that would normally be sold to the public but it also dries up raw materials that are needed to make up this finished product. Our government has fixed it so they get first crack and any available raw materials for their needs and what is left over get divided up among the smaller companies with the largest among them getting the lion's share of what's left and the rest just have to sit and wait for the crumbs to fall out of the system.

Some of the raw materials used for these munitions are not found just anywhere and a few are only found in a few places in other countries around the world like China and others that can cause major road blocks to the supply chain even when these countries play nice with us and don't try an hold us hostage to something they want in return.

Just the mention of a huge increase by the US government's needs will send ripples up and down the supply chain. Then add to it, a president that doesn't have to worry about getting re-elected again. We have happen, a couple tragic events where firearms are used, the control of the Senate is in the hands of a bunch of gun hating democrats, we have a willing media that has a vested interest in keeping the control of Washington in the hands of the democrats. What you have in results is exactly what we are now seeing when you go to your favorite store to buy some ammo for your shooter regardless of what it is.

I read more of the hype than actual information in this post. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.