Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #1  

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
When to my local gunshop this morning to pickup some 22 lr. ammo to do some shooting when the grandsons come down next weekend.Low and behold they will only sell 100 rounds per customer because supply is so low.Never thought I would see the day this would happen.coobie

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #2  
I was in a Dick's sporting goods the other day, wasn't looking for ammo but was near the guns. I overheard an employee explaining to a customer about their shortage of ammo and when he thought more would be in.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #3  
Coobie, Where you been brother:laughing:? quite a few calibers are hard to find in areas. I've had some ammo on backorder for over a month!! There are a couple of other threads on this same topic, same story for most of us. Some of the guys up near Oregon still finding .22 ammo, may try an online dealer (just dont get your hopes up to high) it is crazy right now.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #4  
I went to gander mountain the other day, no 22lr. They were not sure when more was coming in.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #5  
I have to say.......I just came across a box of 50 22 LR -Federal lightning high velocity ... in my ammo box..it has a wal mart price lable on it wal mart .87 cents....its got a bar code on the box so it can't be that old...Ahh, the way things were....so sad...

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo.
Coobie, Where you been brother:laughing:? quite a few calibers are hard to find in areas. I've had some ammo on backorder for over a month!! There are a couple of other threads on this same topic, same story for most of us. Some of the guys up near Oregon still finding .22 ammo, may try an online dealer (just dont get your hopes up to high) it is crazy right now.
Been right here,I went to the same shop last week they had plenty of 22lr on the shelf then poof it was gone.I do have a small supply in the gun safe just thought i would replace what we would shoot this weekend.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #7  
Been right here,I went to the same shop last week they had plenty of 22lr on the shelf then poof it was gone.I do have a small supply in the gun safe just thought i would replace what we would shoot this weekend.

In CA and NV ammo has been scarse for a long time. .22 included. In fact it has only been a couple of years that it has been easy to get. After the '08 election the shelves went empty and the best way to get some was to hit Wally at 7am before they stocked the meager supply that got shipped in the night before.

After the latest shooting sprees and the fear of legislation set in, poof, gone again.

Gun shops are probably the worst place to look for it. One of my local shops buys all of theirs from Wally.

I went to the gun show in Reno a few weeks back and people were leaving with hand trucks loaded with ammo. By 10:30 in the morning on the first day it was gone in popular calibers, like 5.56 and 2.23.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #8  
Tes our local wal mart has been out of almost all ammo. lately. They arent sure when they will get the shelves replenished yet either. HMMM

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #9  

I hear ya, 1st to go seemed like .223, then seemed like semi auto fell like dominoes, then center/rim fire. I have about 3/4 of a 900 rnd brick left .22, should last me awhile since I dont shoot very often. Almost anything AR related is scarce.

/ Never thought I see the day 22 lr. ammo. #10  
No .22 around here either, I expected a shortage of center-fire ammo but not .22 LR, I think I have 200-300 rounds left as my son and grandson have been practicing, but then I am out.

Status
Not open for further replies.