Page 105 of 108 FirstFirst ... 55595102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1078
    Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4700

Default Re: Watcha eating?

Quote Originally Posted by brin View Post
    Me too ! I think it is all in the genes...but what do I know ?
    Quote Originally Posted by sseelhoff View Post
    They don't mention which brand she wears. Being from Texas, I suspect Wranglers.
    Nah, she certainly has TOUGHskin genes.

Later,
    Dan

Tractor
    John Deere LX172

Quote Originally Posted by dmccarty View Post
    Nah, she certainly has TOUGHskin genes.

Later,
    Dan
    Maybe the same brand that Dolly Parton wears? Lardache?
    Have Wings, Will Travel.

Tractor
    Kubota L5030HST, 1947 Farmall A, Hustler FasTrak

Quote Originally Posted by farmgirl19 View Post
    Not me! And it looks like she is in good enough shape to cook her own bacon every day! Not just existing in a nursing home. I hope that I can do as well as she has!
    She has the genes like my brother. Just remember, one shoe only fits a small portion of the population. My shoe fit's 85% of the population with heart disease.

I don't know why Oscar Meyer won't make me a spokesman I have had plenty of their food?
    TXDon

Tractor
    1986 JD 1050, and 1941 Avery

Quote Originally Posted by txdon View Post
    She has the genes like my brother. Just remember, one shoe only fits a small portion of the population. My shoe fit's 85% of the population with heart disease.

I don't know why Oscar Meyer won't make me a spokesman I have had plenty of their food?
    I have some dear friends that I have known all of my life. He is 86, she is 82. They have had bacon and eggs every morning, of their lives. He just came in from ripping up and rebuilding 1400 feet of fence, along the back of their ranch. Now, if they had the same genes, one might say that is why they have made it this long, and are so active. But, they are only related because they are married. So, what so they have in common? They grow a garden organically, and eat what they grow, as well as deer, beef, pork, and chicken.

Honestly, he even smokes cigars. We all know *that* isn't healthy. But hey, I still hope that I last that long, and have the abilities to do the physical work that they do. I think it comes back to outdoor activities, with UV light, again, instead of sitting indoors on one's tush.

And I have to agree with you on the processed meats, such as cold cuts, and sandwich stuff, TXDon. One should eat real meat, not processed stuff, made with fillers and who knows what else?
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she would never grow into an old nag.

If you're going to climb in the saddle, better be ready for the ride!

"If you see someone without a smile, give them yours!" - Dolly Parton

Tractor
    4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318

Farmgirl....sad thing is that the processed stuff has the qualities of being cheap and tasty, and usually easy to prepare and consume. No really healthy food comes easy. Any time I get into a discussion about eating and food with someone else, I spout my favorite line about "The stuff that tastes the best is usually the worst for us..."

I do concur with you that being active makes a major contribution to a healthy lifestyle, whether it is enough to balance out poor dietary habits and vices such as smoking or drinking would make an interesting discussion.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4700

[QUOTE=farmgirl19;3301943
    ... And I have to agree with you on the processed meats, such as cold cuts, and sandwich stuff, TXDon. One should eat real meat, not processed stuff, made with fillers and who knows what else?[/QUOTE]

I have cut back on what I eat for dinner since I simply do not need the calories. At one point I was eating a sandwich with ham, turkey or roast beef. I stopped eating that scat after noticing the amount of salt in the meat. Plus, some of the meat just STANK. The roast beef appeared to be some sort of processed product and not real roast beef you used to be able to get in the store. This stuff is NOT what I ate as a kid and young adult that is for sure.

Piggly Wiggly just had a big pork sale and we got some bacon and pork loin pretty cheap but that will only last a month or so. Need to clean out the freezer and buy some more. Last year we bought 25 pounds of bacon that lasted most of the year. At least the pork loin is not some a process meat product squeeze out of a machine and it sure tasted good after being grilled and smoked.

Later,
    Dan

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

I don't know Don...read this...I just got it in an email today....theheart.org: trusted cardiology news and opinions
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

I don't know Don...read this...I just got it in an email today....theheart.org: trusted cardiology news and opinions
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4700

TBN is scary sometimes...

I was thinking of this thread a few hours ago when I got a note from one of the kids school. A teacher had a "cardiac event" this week which was a surprise. She might be in her 40's, is thin and certainly not fat. I don't how much she exercises but she is too young for a "cardiac event."

Later,
    Dan

Tractor
    Kubota L5030HST, 1947 Farmall A, Hustler FasTrak

Quote Originally Posted by brin View Post
    Don't know the value of someone reading a few studies disregarding anything that does not fit his article - why did they even send you the e-mail??????

Here is a quote: "does not reference a tremendous body of research supporting alternative views"

Sounds like he is cherry picking and trying to make news and of course meat lovers love it, right!!!!
    TXDon

Page 105 of 108 FirstFirst ... 55595102103104105106107108 LastLast