Watcha eating?

/ Watcha eating? #1,061  
Yes she is ! We have been together for 40 years now and we are just as happy now as we were back then when I was only 18. Only thing is I never did make it back out side to finish the wood chips. :)

I think that was the plan...:D
My wife does such things sometimes.

/ Watcha eating? #1,063  
Here's what's on the menu tonight:
Golden bantam corn to eat and a big beef roast that's hard to beat, and biscuits brown and gravy too and milk and peach cobbler for the whole crew.

(Grandpa Jones)

/ Watcha eating? #1,065  
Just want to pass this on....My wife and I were shopping at Kroger and saw some " Flat Iron Steaks " on sale and bought them...they are made out of the eye of Chuck so said the label...Now Chuck is a tough cut...used for roast cooked slow for hours or ground for hamburger so we were leery....Yum....they were just as good as rib eyes...no joke...I was shocked...so we have not seen them for sale since...next time we will ask for them and see...

If you see flat iron steaks for sale....worth a try...unless ours were just a fluke.

/ Watcha eating? #1,066  
Just want to pass this on....My wife and I were shopping at Kroger and saw some " Flat Iron Steaks " on sale and bought them...they are made out of the eye of Chuck so said the label...Now Chuck is a tough cut...used for roast cooked slow for hours or ground for hamburger so we were leery....Yum....they were just as good as rib eyes...no joke...I was shocked...so we have not seen them for sale since...next time we will ask for them and see...

If you see flat iron steaks for sale....worth a try...unless ours were just a fluke.

Flat iron has become one of my favorite cuts. I raise beef, sell about 27,000 lbs of retail meat each year and I can eat any of the steaks. I really like the flat iron, cut from a shoulder clod. It is very tender but has a great beefy flavor. Ribeye is still at the top for me, with the outer loose grained portion (spinellus) being as good as it gets. That said, ill pick a flat iron over a filet any day because if flavor. My friend is a third generation butcher in Chicago, and standardized that cut using beef check-off dollars.

/ Watcha eating? #1,067  
Ribs are on the menu!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    594.9 KB · Views: 80
   / Watcha eating? #1,069  
Pork chops, zucchini sliced lengthwise , Vidallia onions sliced on the grill tonight with a really good tossed salad..with balsamic vinegar salad dressing....Don, do not pick on me please...;)

How do you do the onions on the grill? Just grill or something special? Sounds like my next project.

/ Watcha eating? #1,070  
How do you do the onions on the grill? Just grill or something special? Sounds like my next project.

I do the onions two ways....Tonight I will just make thick slices , coat with olive oil, gran. garlic, pepper and salt then put them on the grill...but here is our favorite way....Take a whole Vidallia or other sweet onion for each person...core out the middle without cutting through the bottom and only about a 1/2 inch core wide...then stuff butter and some bullion paste or cube of your choice in ...beef , chicken bullion...wrap each onion in foil and put on the grill just off the heat as you are cooking your main item...you can pierce it once in awhile to see if it is soft and done...Wow ...is that ever good...You can also do the same in the microwave but cover them...enjoy,.