Watcha eating?

/ Watcha eating? #1,071  
Littleneck quahogs fresh off the grill with a touch of wine and lemon juice.

Attachments

• image-3482189331.jpg
    image-3482189331.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 104
  • image-460736209.jpg
    image-460736209.jpg
    469 KB · Views: 119
   / Watcha eating? #1,073  
Looks delicious. Did you dig them yourself? We usually make stuffies or chowdah when we did a dozen or two.

Yes Ed I dig all summer and freeze a lot for the winter months. We live just around the corner from you in Fairhaven Ma. One of my customers has a place on the Westport River so I get a license for there.

We vacuum seal 70 little necks and the juice from cooking them for chowder in the winter months. I like to have 4-5 patches ready by the fall.

Never been to Prudence Island but had a friend use to invite me over every fall to bow hunt his land. Never did get the time back then.

Attachments

• image-1350139458.jpg
    image-1350139458.jpg
    552.6 KB · Views: 85
   / Watcha eating? #1,074  
Looks delicious. Did you dig them yourself? We usually make stuffies or chowdah when we did a dozen or two.

Yes Ed I dig all summer and we have some on hand most of the summer. We live just around the corner from you in Fairhaven Ma. One of my customers has a place on the Westport River so I get a license to dig there.

I vacuum seal and freeze batches of 70 little necks and the juices from cooking them to use for chowder in the winter months.

Never been to Prudence Island but use to get invited every fall to bow hunt a friends land there but never had the time back then.

Do love the island life though as most of my summers as a child were spent on Nashawena Island off the coast and then on Cuttyhunk.

Attachments

• image-3245141442.jpg
    image-3245141442.jpg
    552.6 KB · Views: 102
   / Watcha eating? #1,075  
Sorry about the dbl post thought I cleared the first one to redo.

/ Watcha eating? #1,076  
Yes Ed I dig all summer and we have some on hand most of the summer. We live just around the corner from you in Fairhaven Ma. One of my customers has a place on the Westport River so I get a license to dig there.

I vacuum seal and freeze batches of 70 little necks and the juices from cooking them to use for chowder in the winter months.

Never been to Prudence Island but use to get invited every fall to bow hunt a friends land there but never had the time back then.

Do love the island life though as most of my summers as a child were spent on Nashawena Island off the coast and then on Cuttyhunk.

I've anchored overnight in Quicks Hole many times. Nashawena is lovely. Not many neighbors or nightlife though. Need to go to the big city in Cuttyhunk for that.

Before settling on Prudence Island, I sailed out of Woods Hole so know the Elizabeth Islands well.

I haven't tried freezing quahogs to use in the winter but that sounds like a great idea.

/ Watcha eating? #1,077  
Ed they freeze up just fine after cooking them. A friend of mine freezes them in the juice but I like them separate . Ahh yes the night life on Nashawena was great for us kids back in the 50's and 60's. No electricity no running water and an out house. No other families or kids to play with had the whole island to our self. And if we got to go to Cuttyhunk we could talk to other kids all 5-6 of them. GOOD TIMES FOR SURE.

/ Watcha eating? #1,078  
After working with the tractor and chipper this afternoon I got out the grill and we had venison burgers for dinner. :)

Attachments

• image-2584190547.jpg
    image-2584190547.jpg
    434.3 KB · Views: 55