Watcha eating?

/ Watcha eating? #11  
Freezer pizza.

/ Watcha eating? #12  
Wouldn't mind trading with some of you guys. Had BBQ marinated chicken breast and white rice here.

/ Watcha eating? #13  
Stuffed Polish cabbage rolls tonight. Stewed in home canned tomatoes, spuds, and sour cream. The wife makes them to my grandmothers recipe.

/ Watcha eating? #14  
In-laws over for dinner tonight, wife made filets from our farm with a mushroom rosemary gravy program, our summer corn, greens, and some roasted parsnips and sweet potatoes. Staff got grinder mixer stuck in the mud in a hog field with the 6300 as we were sitting down. Don't know what have them the idea to drive out there in torrential rain, but doubt they'll do it again. Yanked them out with 6110 MFWD and got the grinder back under cover. In laws sat and watched me eat afterwards....

/ Watcha eating? #15  
Ran short of butter today so I used olive oil instead to make up the topping for the apple crisp dessert to follow my turkey scalloppini with yams, pork bread stuffing, and cranberries tonight. And you know what? I think it came out even better!

/ Watcha eating? #16  
Venison stir-fry! Venison, yellow bell peppers, mushrooms, carrots, onions and pineapple in a tasty sweet chili sauce served over rice. :cool2::licking:

Joe

Got to have bean sprouts and water chestnuts in my stir-fry...but sounds good anyway...!

/ Watcha eating? #17  
We had pizza last night for some reason.

I finally got smart and started making enough beans to eat and can. For years I have made a big pot of beans, black, Navy, or small reds, on the weekend. We would then eat the beans off and on for the next couple of weeks. I got smart a couple weeks ago and started making two gallons of beans. One gallon we put up in quart jars and the rest we eat during the week. No extra work in making two gallons of beans and not that much extra time in canning the them either. Should have done this years ago... :confused3:

Sometimes we eat the beans as a soup, over rice or pasta. Add a different cheese, peppers or onions changes the basic dish as well even though we are eating the same beans.

I make bread if I get the hankering which goes well with the beans. For some reason I have been reading up on whole wheat bread. Two cast iron bread pans just go delivered and I am seasoning them a bit more as I type. In a few hours, I will dump a whole wheat dough in one pan and a rye dough into the other. Both are no kneed doughs which I have done before with good results but I have never done whole wheat before. Usually whole wheat breads are NOT whole wheat but a mixture of white flour and whole wheat. The two doughs I made last night are 100% whole wheat and rye. Should be interesting. Worse case, the chickens get something special to eat. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

The no kneed breads I have cooked in a cast iron dutch oven with the lid on have turned out really good. You heat up the stove with the dutch oven inside then dump in the dough and cook. Tis really easy but I had to modify the heat for our oven a bit. I wanted to try cast iron bread pans, I won't be able to cover them like a dutch oven so the steaming one happen the same, so I bought the new pans to see how well they work. Really tired of the rusting old bread pans I have...

Both breads should to well with the black beans made with pork, onions, celery, carrots and spices. Yummy. We have found that one quart of beans is a full meal for two adults. If we added rice or pasta we could get four meals.

I HATE pinto, brown, or lima beans. YUCK YUCK YUCK! :laughing::laughing::laughing: Black eyed peas aint my favorite either but I do like field peas.

The beans and bread should be good tonight as the temperature drops.

Later,
Dan

/ Watcha eating? #18  
I HATE pinto, brown, or lima beans. YUCK YUCK YUCK! :laughing::laughing::laughing: Black eyed peas aint my favorite either but I do like field peas.

Later,
Dan

Dan,

Rye is for drinking...

What is WRONG with PINTO BEANS!!!! :licking:

Lima are a BIG NO, Black Eyed, I might be willing to try again to mak sure...

What are "Field Peas"?

I'm having a blah cafeteria mini-pizza and Grandma Utz tater chips :licking: for lunch...

David

/ Watcha eating? #19  
For you Pinto Bean lovers...ever try Anasazi Beans? They are the queen of beans by my way of thinking. They are just a tad sweeter than regular pintos, cook up a whole lot faster, produce little or no gas...that's right, little or no gas. They get their name from the Anasazi Indians ("The Ancient Ones"). Used to have to buy them in a specialty foods store, but now our grocery store carries them, or you can order them from the company, out of Colorado. The are multi-color like the big butter beans. Oh, if regular pintos sometimes hurt your tummy, try these.

https://www.anasazibeans.com/

/ Watcha eating? #20  
Dan,

Rye is for drinking...

What is WRONG with PINTO BEANS!!!! :licking:

Lima are a BIG NO, Black Eyed, I might be willing to try again to mak sure...

What are "Field Peas"?

I'm having a blah cafeteria mini-pizza and Grandma Utz tater chips :licking: for lunch...

David

Rye is good for drinking AND bread! :drink::licking::licking::licking:

I don't like big beans and their mushy taste. Limas are the worst. Now, if you refry the pintos and add lots of fat, they are EXCELLENT! :licking::licking::licking:

Field peas are small, reddish in color with an eye. I guess kinda like a small Blacked Eyed pea except red and not white/gray. Field peas are not mushy and taste great with salted pork or just pork. I like to smoke a pork loin after it has been cut into four pieces. We will eat the first quarter for dinner but the kids will not eat the "left over" quarters even when warmed up. They are weird. The wifey and I will eat the left over quarters but usually one gets cut up and put in with the beans. I am planning to do this with the field peas. :laughing: At XMAS, we were at my parents in FLA, and we went out to a Mayan Mexican place for dinner. Very, Very good. :licking::licking::licking: They had black beans as a side and oh my MY were they excellent. The only thing I could figure is the beans were cooked with salted pork. The best black beans I have ever eaten. I finished the black beans before I finished my fish tacos which were excellent. :thumbsup:

Working at home sick today. The kids have been sick off and on for months and I finally caught something from them. I just took the bread out of the oven and it looks and smells good. I will have to wait at least 30 minutes before trying a full piece. Of course I had to pull of a bit of bread that was just sitting there. :licking::licking::licking:

Getting hungry for some reason.... :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan