Watcha eating?

/ Watcha eating? #521  

...If I understand correctly, you're suggesting that new forum be set up so that we could post all of our recipes and information in one forum, where it is open to all the members for comment and contribution...and then have someone organize, edit and format the cookbook. This sounds like a good idea to me; that way everything posted would be available to all the members, whether they contribute or not.

If they already read the recipies, why buy the book?
Before a book is written the potential buyers need to be queried about what they want and what they will pay. Just my two cents here since I often wanted to start a recepie thread of low-salt, low-fat recepies.

/ Watcha eating? #522  
If they already read the recipies, why buy the book?
Before a book is written the potential buyers need to be queried about what they want and what they will pay. Just my two cents here since I often wanted to start a recepie thread of low-salt, low-fat recepies.

Good question, but that's up to whoever is driving the bus; I would be happy to pay $10 or even $20 bucks for a hard copy, even if an online version was available for free. IMHO, if the Administrator can make a few bucks on the deal so much the better, but if the recipes are posted in a thread, then they are available to everyone for free...just unorganized and not formatted. I don't think anyone thought of this as a money making deal, but as a chance to share with other members. In fact, if the book is put together by a member, as opposed to a Moderator or the Administrator, I think an online version should be provided for free or for a nominal fee. If the Administrator or Moderator wants to handle the task, then maybe they should get a few bucks out of it. If this turns into a big commercial project, then wouldn't members have a right to expect a discount or a fee for their contribution? Would it raise a lot of legal issues also?

/ Watcha eating? #523  
Like always....Follow the Money....all that was initially suggested was we share recipes....we should all put a copyright sign on any we submit and then no one can legally profit...Money always gets in the way....LOL

/ Watcha eating? #524  
Like always....Follow the Money....all that was initially suggested was we share recipes....we should all put a copyright sign on any we submit and then no one can legally profit...Money always gets in the way....LOL
Just adding a "©" to something does not protect it unless the proper registration documents along with the applicable fees are filed...

/ Watcha eating? #525  
Just adding a "©" to something does not protect it unless the proper registration documents along with the applicable fees are filed...

United States of America: Responsibility for the administrative aspects of copyright law rests with the United States Copyright Office, whose website can be found at: U.S. Copyright Office. You can also register your work online by creating an account and logging into the Electronic Copyright Office (eCO) at https://eco.copyright.gov/eService_enu/start.swe?SWECmd=Start&SWEHo=eco.copyright.gov.

Canada: Canadian copyright law can be found in The Copyright Law of Canada[7] and relevant court decisions. You can register your copyright at the Canadian Intellectual Property Office, which can be found at: Application for Registration of a Copyright in a Work - Canadian Intellectual Property Office

/ Watcha eating? #526  
United States of America: Responsibility for the administrative aspects of copyright law rests with the United States Copyright Office, whose website can be found at: U.S. Copyright Office. You can also register your work online by creating an account and logging into the Electronic Copyright Office (eCO) at https://eco.copyright.gov/eService_enu/start.swe?SWECmd=Start&SWEHo=eco.copyright.gov.

Canada: Canadian copyright law can be found in The Copyright Law of Canada[7] and relevant court decisions. You can register your copyright at the Canadian Intellectual Property Office, which can be found at: Application for Registration of a Copyright in a Work - Canadian Intellectual Property Office

Thanks Doc....I knew there had to be a way...

/ Watcha eating? #527  
Just my two cents here since I often wanted to start a recepie thread of low-salt, low-fat recepies.

Believe it or not (brin/Bob :laughing:), I would be interested to see/learn some of these too, as I don't have many in my arsenal...who knows, there might actually be some good/healthy stuff out there. :D

/ Watcha eating? #528  
Believe it or not (brin/Bob :laughing:), I would be interested to see/learn some of these too, as I don't have many in my arsenal...who knows, there might actually be some good/healthy stuff out there. :D

I've got about five ggod recepies for soup, spagetti sauce, pizza, bread, chicken cacciatore, some baked fish dishes, etc.
I'd start a low-fat, low sale thread if others think so and it doesn't clash here.

/ Watcha eating? #529  
Heck yes, let it roll brother! :thumbsup: Plus, we don't want to dirty up the normal recipe thread with healthy stuff. :laughing:

/ Watcha eating? #530  
asparagus on toast...

fresh steamed asparagus added to a med. white or hollandaise sauce placed on toast and topped with crispy bacon strips and sliced hard boiled egg...then a little more white sauce...

not the easiest thing to eat but is quite tasty...