Watcha eating?

/ Watcha eating? #541  
:laughing: It definitely sounded great, just bustin' spherical-shaped things. :laughing:

/ Watcha eating? #542  
Here's a favorite of mine; it's my late Brother's recipe for Green Chili Stew. It's simple and easy to make. He retired from the Albuquerque Fire Department, where his (seemingly) primary duty was Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

GREEN CHILI STEW

INGREDIENTS

One small (2 pound) pork roast, cut into 1/2 inch squares
One can of tomatoes
One medium yellow onion, chopped
2 or 3 medium potatoes, cubed
Green Chile, to taste
one clove of garlic, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Put potatoes on to boil with enough water to cover, and begin browning
pork in skillet with salt, pepper, garlic and salt. When meat is done to a
golden brown, put all ingredients into the same pot with the potatoes;
simmer until the potatoes are done.

/ Watcha eating? #543  
Its a cold spring day with snow in the forcast. Nice hot bowl of tomato soup with two grilled cheese. Hot and cheap lunch.

mark

/ Watcha eating? #544  
SplitPea (with carrots and potatoes) soup with bake tortilla chips.

/ Watcha eating? #545  
The kids have wanted pancakes for awhile and today was the first unbusy Saturday or Sunday I have had in a month or so. Made a big bunch of home made pancakes. :licking: Nothing out of a box. :ashamed: Whipped up some home made whipped cream too. The kids are really spoiled. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Sure was good with coffee on a cold, rainy Sunday.

Made 10 gallons of beer on Friday and I have to bottle 10 gallons I made a month or so ago.

Later,
Dan

/ Watcha eating? #546  
Well txdon isn't gonna want hear this, but I'm about to slow cook a big old pork tenderloin for about 8 hours and make me some NC style BBQ!:D

/ Watcha eating? #547  
Well txdon isn't gonna want hear this, but I'm about to slow cook a big old pork tenderloin for about 8 hours and make me some NC style BBQ!:D

Sounds good. I have a couple in the freezer just waiting for someone to exclaim: "I sure would like some pulled pork cooked on the BGE". Guess I'll just have to wait...in the meantime, Sharn Jean just put on a pot of Anasazi beans and pork hocks.

/ Watcha eating? #549  
Had a Low Country Boil for lunch. A good hot hearty meal for a cold wet day

/ Watcha eating? #550  
Had a Low Country Boil for lunch. A good hot hearty meal for a cold wet day

Darn that sounds good! What all do you put in yours? We use to use shrimp, crab, sometimes scallops, sausage or pork chunks, some taters and corn and whatever struck us at the time or whatever we had.